Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Passed with blue check mark with wifi turned on & connected to network! 5/10/2009 is my Pre's build date. Battery life has actually been gradually improving day by day.
    This is a very innacurate way to test.

If you want to see if this is indeed related, you need to standardize the test. First, make all of your other settings identical (brightness, wi-fi, BT, etc) and run the phone for a few days. Next, run the quick test and determine if you fail or not. It's not fool proof, but it gets us closer to a result.

I ran it on mine at work, Code 1000 - Modem failed. Ran it again, no issues. I plan on doing the full test tonight with wi-fi and GPS, but my reception in the building is poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by locd32 View Post
    Next question, everyone who has failed, have you successfully used Wi-Fi?
    Mine failed but have been using wi-fi at home and work with out any issues. Weird.
    It appears that you need to be connected via Wi-Fi to pass the test. Has anyone failed while currently connected to a network via Wi-Fi? What about passing with Wi-Fi on but not connected?
    THIS IS NOT A BATTERY PROBLEM.

I failed Code 25 on WiFi (hey everyone, make sure WiFi is on during this test).

However since I turned WiFi on, my battery life has increased.
    Mine passed. Wifi on and working fine. Battery life poor, but not bad enough to make me think it is defective. Reception, poor and inconsistent.

Where are you all finding the build date?
    Failed with wifi on. Passed with wifi off. My battery life is pretty bad I need to be on the charger all the time. Does the battery life increase with wifi on but not connected? or must i be connect to a router ?
    Mine fails about 3 out of 4 times, but Wi-Fi seems to be working.
    [edit] I take that back, I think it was off when it passed...
    Last edited by LocoTreoGurl; 06/11/2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Correct error
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by locd32 View Post
    Did everyone that passed have their Wi-FI turned on? If it's off then the quick test won't run the Wi-Fi test.
    That is true. Mine passes when I run the test with WIFI off, but fails with Code 25 when WIFI is turned on and the test is run.
    Running now...
    There is no spoon
  11. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Just ran it on my fiance's phone and it has failed the modem test three times. I ran it with wifi off and on and its got at least 3 bars and connected to evdo.

Her phone has really random reception problems even after updating the prl and network settings. I don't really know if the test failing and the reception is related but I guess we'll be trying an exchange this weekend.
    I passed everything surprisingly. Now if I could just get a phone signal this would be great!
    There is no spoon
    I really think we should put a post together about these test results to see if maybe we can pinpoint a pattern. Mine passed with a blue Check mark Wifi turned on of course. Battery life on my pre seems to be alright. I took it off the charger this morning at 7:30 checked mail twice today, sent two text messages and made two phone calls, gmail is on push with comcast set to check every hour. It's now noon after running the test and I am at 82%.
  14. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    As stated above my fiance's failed with the modem problem. My phone meanwhile is having a horrible time of staying charged. I've got the brightness set to about 25%, 2 email accounts (one syncing every 15 minutes, the other every 30), and gps off. I took the phone off the charger this morning at 8, it's now 1 and I've used tweed about three times, downloaded two apps, and browsed the net for about a minute and I'm down to 65%.

Has anyone ran the charger/battery interactive test that's having poor battery life?

Edit: Forgot to add I only used wifi to do the things listed above, not evdo
    Last edited by bbr; 06/11/2009 at 12:13 PM.
    Mine passed. Got his Pre yesterday, has a yellow sleeve, "Warranty date" from ##RTN# is 6/1/2009.

It has the reset-when-closing-slider problem.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    So - to get an understanding of the Drain of the "bad" batteries, I ran a few tests. I have since switched my Email calls to "Manual" to see if that helps. I get Very poor reception at work, and even out side of work in the parking lot (curse you Sprint) and when in a low signal area, running just One of either the App store, Web Browser, or email, I burn around 1% of batt life a minute.

I am fully charging my phone, Runnign a speed test, and then trying again after turning off the Mail thing. I will post the ratio again once i know it.

Oh - and I have the white areas on my screen as well (as stated by the OP)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    As stated above my fiance's failed with the modem problem. My phone meanwhile is having a horrible time of staying charged. I've got the brightness set to about 25%, 2 email accounts (one syncing every 15 minutes, the other every 30), and gps off. I took the phone off the charger this morning at 8, it's now 1 and I've used tweed about three times, downloaded two apps, and browsed the net for about a minute and I'm down to 65%.

Has anyone ran the charger/battery interactive test that's having poor battery life?
    yeah, but I think it only checks to see if you can charge.
    My warranty date is 05/23/2009
    Wi-Fi off and now it passed twice lol
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Mine passed with the Wi-Fi off. Havent tested it with wi-fi on, as there is no wifi around me atm.
    I just tested my Pre with WiFi on and it passed.

Where is the manufacturer date located?
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast