Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yes, my wifi was on
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ran mine and it was successful.
  3.    #23  
    btw, just did a side by side test with my wife's pre. watching a 4 minute youtube clip, hers stayed at 100% mine droped 5%!!!

I think i'm in denial that mine is defective LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    mine was on when i ran it and failed.
    Same
    Mine passed.
    mine passed with a blue check mark
    my wife's phone passed.
    Next question, everyone who has failed, have you successfully used Wi-Fi?
    Failed here [sigh]... I highly recommend the fails hit the send report button at the end.

and have successfully used wifi the past few days
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I just ran mine and wi-fi failed. Now could this be because I am not currently connected to a wi-fi network?
  11.    #31  
    Everyone who runs it and fails, do you have the battery drain issue? Also those that pass, did you have battery drain?

Let's post if you pass/fail and if you have the battery drain issue. let's narrow this down.
    I failed the test but have been using wi-fi at the house.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Passed, wi-fi on , battery is sort of OK, but would not last all day, reception for phone is poor.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    Everyone who runs it and fails, do you have the battery drain issue? Also those that pass, did you have battery drain?

Let's post if you pass/fail and if you have the battery drain issue. let's narrow this down.
    Define battery drain issue. If we want to really narrow it down we need a unified test.
    With Wi-Fi turned on but not connected, I fail at the WiFi part.

With Wi-Fi turned on and connected, I pass the quick tests.

And I don't believe I have any battery drain issues, at least nothing that concerns me.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    wifi on and connected, passed test, black box, manufactured on 5/29, battery life is not great.

I might try not connected here to see if that makes a difference (like felder71 reports)

well ****. after running the test, I am getting the memory low warning, even with no cards open.

I shall let it sit for a while and see if that helps. if not, I spose I will restart.

edit: well, after letting it sit, and nothing happened, I tried opening up the contacts (an app allowed to run with low memory) closed it, and now everything is fine. hmm. oh well!
    Last edited by pomokey; 06/11/2009 at 11:37 AM.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Wifi on during test, failed. Battery is bad, but doesn't seem as bad as some others experienced. Here are the results of a test I ran, but wifi wasn't turned on. However, it's entirely possible that a problem in this component could have an impact on the rest of the system, regardless.

Interesting. Someone should add a poll to this thread, or start a new thread with a poll if one can't be added.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Failed the test with wifi on, but I don't have the battery drain issue described in the forum. My wife's pre does, so we'll try to run the test on hers I guess...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Mine failed also (WiFi turned on but not connected to a network) but my battery has actually been doing pretty well recently, much better than when I first got it. When I first got it, i would go to bed with it at 100% charge, nothing going on in the background and wake up to a 70% charge. Now when I do the same thing, I wake up to a 94% charge. Seems like the battery has gotten better over time for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by locd32 View Post
    Next question, everyone who has failed, have you successfully used Wi-Fi?

I have not tried...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast