1.    #1  
    I plug in headphones to use Pandora, and I have to put the volume down to 2 or 3 bars, because my headphones lack a remote volume knob. A phone call came in and I nearly went deaf. Is this the way everyone's Pre behaves? I really hope I don't have to go into the launcher, sounds, and lower the system volume from there... They really need to let us change both volume levels--like on a WM phone. Default volume should probably be system, with a secondary slider that you tap on to adjust for video/music/etc.

No matter what program I switch to, the volume rocker controls the music volume, and not the system volume.

If I pause the music in Pandora, and zoom out to card-view, I can change the RINGER volume, but never can I change the system volume. I never noticed this before, but it seems that you have to go all the way into the control panel to change the volume.

Has anyone else noticed this, or know of an easier/more obvious method that I am overlooking?
    I think there needs to be a centralized screen for all things control by volume on this phone.
    Yeah, they really effed up a lot of the notification preferences IMO. Its sooo limited.

For the eardrum thing, what would help is if they would let the dang phone vibrate THEN do the tone. That would give you a warning at least. Also ascending tones/rings (starts out low then gets louder) would help too.

Palm needs B slapped for not realizing some of this stuff.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    This is my biggest gripe about the phone is volume control!!! Dont get me wrong i love my pre but when txt message volume and system volume are one and the same it bothers me...id rather not have everyone in a country mile know i am dialing a number but if i want to be able to hear my texts when i am not near my phone then i have to keep the system volume up...and y can i not choose a ringer for the text message every other phone i had allowed this..am i crazy? does anyone else notice this??
    I wish we had an option when the phone is locked to give me a notification that I got a txt msg/e-mail/phonecall, I don't want it to display the the message itself but only the icon and lets say 1 next to it. like the iphone and multiple other phones do it.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I wish there was an indicator like the lil ball button would throb or pulse so I would know i have msgs without having to open the phone.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by emikey View Post
    I wish there was an indicator like the lil ball button would throb or pulse so I would know i have msgs without having to open the phone.
    Yeah, and maybe a combination of paterns with the two LEDs next to the button, to indicate missed call, text, email, alarm, etc.

+1 for this.
    Media uses a separate sound subsystem than phone calls, alerts, etc. from what I gather. It should be possible to adjust the volume independently, though perhaps not for each application. (that would be a little sloppy.)

But yeah, when I had Pandora & Navigation going thru my car's stereo, the directions being spoken are significantly louder than the music, which limits the amount of rocking out I can do without the Nav voice blowing my speakers!

-n8
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    Media uses a separate sound subsystem than phone calls, alerts, etc. from what I gather. It should be possible to adjust the volume independently, though perhaps not for each application. (that would be a little sloppy.)

But yeah, when I had Pandora & Navigation going thru my car's stereo, the directions being spoken are significantly louder than the music, which limits the amount of rocking out I can do without the Nav voice blowing my speakers!

-n8
    Well at least on your car, you can turn down the stereo--with my headphones that's not possible. You can turn pandora all the way up (the media volume,) then hopefully Navigation won't be TOO much louder--if it is, that sucks. but things will iron out soon, I bet.
  10.    #10  
    I was just testing, and it seems that while using the speaker, the media volume is controlling the system volume as well. I think its just another bug that it doesn't do that with headphones...