Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok this battery issue is beginning to **** me off! I had my Pre charging all nite while I slept and woke up took it off the charger at 530am and my batter waz at 67%!!! WTF!!! At 9:00am my batter waz at 30%! Now its 10:04am and my batter is at24%! I think Palm rushed this Piece of SH!T phone to grab some iPhone hype when they should of took there time and correct this battery issue! And I don't wanna hear anybodys battery saving tips because I should be able to use all the features of this phone when I want with no problem! I should have kept my BB Curve! So until sprint or ''Palm'' do something about this and all there othere issues with the pre, The Pre will be a huge FAIL to me!
    Sounds like you should return it and get something you are happy with.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHillpg View Post
    Ok this battery issue is beginning to **** me off! I had my Pre charging all nite while I slept and woke up took it off the charger at 530am and my batter waz at 67%!!! WTF!!! At 9:00am my batter waz at 30%! Now its 10:04am and my batter is at24%! I think Palm rushed this Piece of SH!T phone to grab some iPhone hype when they should of took there time and correct this battery issue! And I don't wanna hear anybodys battery saving tips because I should be able to use all the features of this phone when I want with no problem! I should have kept my BB Curve! So until sprint or ''Palm'' do something about this and all there othere issues with the pre, The Pre will be a huge FAIL to me!

yeah, my battery was 67% when i woke up this morning, after some emails and texts last night, and then an alarm and a couple of snoozes this morning. pretty lame.

If i hadn't bought the touchstone, which makes charging so much easier, i think i would have already had to return this phone.
    Are you sure it was charging? Are you charging via Touchstone or USB cable? Are you plugged into a power outlet or a USB port? Touchstone will not charge when connected to a computer's USB port. It must be plugged into a wall outlet.

If you're sure it was charging (and it shows a lightning bolt on the battery indicator while plugged up), but still doesn't make it to 100% charge, then I'd say there is something wrong with either your charger or the Pre. See if Sprint can get you a new charger first. The Pre should charge up in less than 2 hours (mine does).

Battery-saving tips (which apply to all smartphones):

1. Turn off any functions that you don't immediately need (WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)

2. Instant Messaging apps--Be sure to sign out of them even if you've closed them--Synergy will still access them unless you tell the Pre to sign out.

3. If you're in a weak signal area, have access to WiFi, and don't require voice, but are using data, put the phone in Flight Mode and then turn WiFi ON. WiFi draws less power than the cellular radio.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Sounds like you should return it and get something you are happy with.
    Lets not avoid the issue here....Plain n simple, battery life on the palm pre sucks! Right or wrong?

If it waznt for me giving my BB curve to my girl I would of been returned the pre!

Just an update date on my battery it is now at 13%!!!!!!!
    Lets not avoid the issue here....Plain n simple, battery life on the palm pre sucks! Right or wrong?
    Kind of. It's comparable to the iPhone. At least it should be (and is for me). So compared to other phones of similar functionality it should be ok. For the life of me I can't figure out what you people are doing (or what defect your Pre has) that is causing these insane problems.

I went 16 hours on a single charge twice this week, and had 15% or so left when I plugged in. That's with 60-90 minutes of talking, some light use of GPS/Google Maps, live email notifications, some Pandora, and quite a bit of web surfing.

Perhaps the battery manufacturer has a quality control problem, or perhaps there's some as yet undiscovered software glitch. You are running the latest OS update, correct? It corrected one AIM issue that was killing batteries.
    It's not as bad as you are making it out to be. With average usage, I have enough juice to BARELY get me from 8am to 11pm. Just enough IMO.

If it waznt for me giving my BB curve to my girl I would of been returned the pre!

Have you done what I suggested? And how were you charging? Can you answer my questions from above?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    dude i heard the iphone when it first came out had the same battery issues and through firmware updates they were able to improve battery life by quiet a bit. so i would say if you can be patient with it that would be best. i bought myself 2 micro usb cables from amazon to charge my phone while at work and have a spare at home so i wouldnt have to disconnect from my touchstone. the touchstone does make charging a lot easier by the way. so i dont know man. i've turned my gps off too since i dont use it during the weekdays. but if ur unhappy return it and get the new iphone on june 19, they claim to have a great batter life and such.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    same here, went to bed, icon showed charging got up and only at 30 something percent. very wierd.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    So far my unit charges 100% overnight. I plugged mine in at a little before midnight on Monday. I use the alarm function on the built-in clock application and have the ringer set to one of my mp3 files. Phone sits in my car during work hours, but during lunch I check a few emails, jot down a few notes during lunch, used Google Maps to track down a Post Office, and in the evening played a few songs from one of my playlists and did some light browsing (mainly checking the Yankees game on ESPN). Didn't charge it Tuesday night, and repeated the above the next day, with the exception of the Google Maps use and browsing, but with a couple of phone calls inserted.

Overall, very light use, with wifi turned off most of the time, and bluetooth on (until I discovered it was on and turned it off yesterday evening). At 23:00 last night when I plugged it in to charge, my battery was low, but not yet red.

My real test will come on my next TDY. On the road is when I typically run my phone hard (for me), but in the grand scheme of things the battery hasn't been a problem for me so far.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    If a battery didn't charge to 100% overnight, either it wasn't charging (incorrect charger use, or broken charger) or the battery has something wrong with it. My battery charges from 0% to 100% in a couple hours.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Good news is Seido online is working on a 2200mah battery for the Pre that will only extend the battery door a few mm.
    Is this your first SP? This is a gen 1 phone. Its going to need some tweaking. Gen 1 of any SP is going to be the same. If you want to jump ship, tuck your tail and head on over to AT&T. This phone is going to lay the pimp hand down on the iphone when its all said and done. Just relax. It's only been out about 5 days. So just switch to decaf and wait a bit.
    there is something wrong with your phone... Period...

It's obviously not charging... What have you done to troubleshoot? have you read any of the above posts? and has anything above worked?

It sounds like you need to "re-calibrate" your phones battery meter.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

No, troll, plain and simple it doesn't suck. The battery is roughly equal to the iPhone, which is what it is competing with. If you turn everything on at once you will drain your battery quickly, but that happens on any phone.

Any phone that I've ever seen that is designed for multimedia and such like the Pre and the iPhone will have battery problems. My HTC Mogul didn't have enough battery until I bought the extended battery for it. The Pre may be a bit light on battery, but there is an extended battery in the works that should be out before long, and the touchstone charger works great. I have one at home and one at work. Having one at work makes a big difference because I can use it all day and still never drop below about 60% battery

The touchstone can charge the battery even while it's being used heavily. If you had yours "charging" all night and it wasn't full, I'd check for user error related issues (like having it uplugged from the wall) or other things posted in this thread. If by some odd chance everything was plugged in like it should have been and it didn't work, then you probably got a defective phone. It happens. EVERY company that manufactures electronics has defective devices no matter how good they are. Get over it.
    ok first of all, the fact that you can have MULTIPLE batteries plus the touchstone blows me away!

I have to say that having extra batteries on hand for my previous treos has been an invaluable resource!!

wow, i really love this pre!

-JeffroMMAniac
    Last edited by Jeffromaniac; 06/17/2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: capitalized the a in MMA
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    The day I got mine from Sprint I played with it hard and ran it down. But it has lasted pretty much all work day with my normal use. I will be getting the extended battery.
    Sadly, electronics have advanced quickly and battery technology has not.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Either you're lying/exaggerating or your battery is defective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast