Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I've been reading the exclusivity agreement threads and it got me to wondering how these things work as this is my first time switching from one carrier to another. I have a few questions. I know if a person switches to Sprint in the 30 days, they can port back to wherever w/o penalty, return phone and move on.

What about people who are say 3 mos into a contract? They pay the ETF but keep the phone? Do they then have the ability to sell that phone and someone on Sprint could activate it and use it vs having paid over 500.00 for a retail phone? Is that what happens with these situations where I see people selling phones?

As you can see I don't know much about the cell industry ;=)
    Yes, if you canceled 3 months into the contract, you'd owe Sprint the $200 ETF but would be able to keep the phone. You could then sell it off to whoever you want, and they'd be able to activate that phone. One caveat... you'd need to have your account paid in full in order for somebody else to activate the phone. Until your account is fully paid, I believe that the phone remains tied to your account and wouldn't be able to be activated by another buyer. Once your account is fully paid though, the phone should be free and clear to be activated by anybody.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
    Yes, if you canceled 3 months into the contract, you'd owe Sprint the $200 ETF but would be able to keep the phone. You could then sell it off to whoever you want, and they'd be able to activate that phone. One caveat... you'd need to have your account paid in full in order for somebody else to activate the phone. Until your account is fully paid, I believe that the phone remains tied to your account and wouldn't be able to be activated by another buyer. Once your account is fully paid though, the phone should be free and clear to be activated by anybody.
    Thanks. That's interesting. This stuff is exhausting ;=)