1.    #1  
    For those people who left the iPhone for the Pre, what pushed you over the edge? This being my first post in oh..3 years on any of the "central.net" sites (haven't owned a palm device since 06) I would have to say it almost feels like a homecoming..haha
    I guess you missed all the threads comparing the two?

KB, multitasking, Sprint (coverage and much lower price), browser speed, no lame app approval process. Guess you could throw in form factor and webOS potential.

The cons are storage, lack of apps for now, and some bugs to be updated, and basically about all features need finishing (or improved) through updates.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I guess you missed all the threads comparing the two?

KB, multitasking, Sprint (coverage and much lower price), browser speed, no lame app approval process. Guess you could throw in form factor and webOS potential.

The cons are storage, lack of apps for now, and some bugs to be updated, and basically about all features need finishing (or improved) through updates.
    Thanks...Leave it to a card fan "uhh, guess you missed all the threads comparing the two?" Just kidding..taking a cheap shot...
    LOL
    I personally switched from the iPhone and I like the pre a lot more, plus I'm getting better coverage than I was on AT&T.
    Some things I like:
    • Physical Keyboard
    • Synergy
    • Multitasking
    • Form Factor
    • No GSM Buzz... just a pet peeve of mine.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Just do a google search for Palm Pre VS iPhone

you will get lot of results
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I was actually looking at the iPHONE.. HOWEVER, once I saw that it was $118.00 a month to get what I have now for around $50-$60, I am sticking with SPRINT! ATT wouldnt even discuss with me. they said PRICES ARE THE PRICES... I'm a corporate customer who works in a school and sprint gives me all kinds of discounts. ATT didnt want to do anytrhing (or very little). I also think sprint has better coverage so I dont know why I was thinking of switching...
    Do it! Do IT! Do the deed!!!!!!

I am the little devil on the left shoulder! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    1,028 Global Posts
    I switched from the iPhone 3G and honestly I'm loving the Pre and the coverage, data speeds, and prices I'm getting with Sprint. The Pre has awesome potential, and is by no means yet a polished product, but in all the core features a smartphone should have it blows the iPhone away in my opinion. Especially the "phone" part of it.

Things that I think need work:

Media player needs some work. An EQ would be nice and a drag bar to skip through podcasts, songs, etc. The scrolling seems to be kind of choppy when you scroll from one album to the next and alot of times the music switching lags behind the scroll. But still, probably the second best media player i've seen next to the iPhone.

Battery: hopefully an update can help the phone have better power management. However, even with multitasking which the iPhone can't do, I find the battery just slightly worse than the iPhone's.

Browser: Phenomenal-I actually like it better than Safari on the iPhone. Only one change and that would be downloading/saving pics and files thru the browser.

Messaging: I have this gripe with the iPhone as well-Forwarding text messages AND individual timestamps on each message.

Email: Same gripe with the iPhone. No way to search by sender. No way to mass delete emails. I know with the iPhone you at least can click Edit then click the dots next to the emails and delete several at a time. This is one thing the BB Storm got right. Should be able to select the first email you want to delete, scroll down and select the last that you want to delete.

I'm not going to mention lack of apps because that wouldn't be fair as the Pre and WebOS have been out for just 5 days. How long did it take to get an SDK for the iPhone? 10 months? The apps will come. In the meantime I'll keep my iPhone as an iPod Touch.

Overall, I'm a big believer in webOS. I'm very excited about the potential of it and amazed by how good it is out of the box for a 1st gen product. Ive touched my iPhone 5 times since I got the Pre on launch day and decided to go ahead an port my number yesterday.

Give it a try. You have 30 days, if it is not for you then take it back and go with the iPhone. Most everyone has played with an iPhone if they haven't owned one. You probably know what to expect there. But I think the Pre will surprise you.
    If you have a 3G you are probably still under contract. Why be in such a hurry to pay an termination fee. Wait until next year. By then many of the problems should be resolved and WebOS may be on AT&T.