1.    #1  
    Looks like I will be taking it back to the Sprint store to get a replacement when they open this morning. Here is my story, I'm wondering if anyone else ran into a similar problem.

Before it died I only had one problem... I had a problem getting my Pre to come on one time. I hit the power button and the screen wouldn't come back on. It wasn't until I hit the ringer switch on and off, that my Pre finally sprung back to life. I figured it was software glitch and I didn't think anything else of it, since it was fine after that until last night..

I fell asleep around 8pm with my Pre laying on a table beside me. Woke up around 11pm and found it wouldn't come on. Ringer switch didn't help it this time. I replaced the battery with the one from my finance's phone. Didn't help it, in fact - my battery worked fine in her phone. Removed the battery and plugged it in directly to the AC power - still nothing.

I had ran a diagnostic test (from the system utilities menu) the day before and it said that I had a memory problem. It even popped up a button asking if I wanted to report this problem to Palm. I said "yes" and again - I figured it was a software bug.

Never expected my phone to brick, just sitting on the table (not charging or anything). Looks like I'll be getting a replacement (hopefully today). Anyone else have a similar problem?
  2. joelpalm
    Shoulda walked away!
    Mine died when I ran the battery dead. When I plugged it in and tried to power it up, it wouldn't work. After removing the battery and powering it back up it came on. I was a little nervous.

Let us know how your experience goes with returning the Pre. Did they just give you a new one or did they try to diagnose the problem.
  4.    #4  
    Walked into the store, and after waiting in line my rep checked out the phone and could not get any response what so ever. So, they exchanged it in the store - then I logged into my Palm profile and all my data was restored! Wow. I'm impressed.

Pictures I had taken weren't restored (unless I had them assigned to a contact). But, still I'm very impressed. My Classic license didn't transfer, so I'm issuing a support ticket to Motion Apps right now to see if they can transfer my license.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    Walked into the store, and after waiting in line my rep checked out the phone and could not get any response what so ever. So, they exchanged it in the store - then I logged into my Palm profile and all my data was restored! Wow. I'm impressed.

Pictures I had taken weren't restored (unless I had them assigned to a contact). But, still I'm very impressed. My Classic license didn't transfer, so I'm issuing a support ticket to Motion Apps right now to see if they can transfer my license.
    Thanks for sharing. That is a good experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight
    It must have been something you said
    I just died in your arms tonight

Fanboy singing in the dead of night
    Take your broken Pre and learn to fly
    All your life
    You were only waiting for your battery to die

Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
    All your life
    you were only waiting for this moment to use synergy

Fanboy fly, Fanboy fly
    Into the light of the dark black night.

Fanboy fly, Fanboy fly
    Into the light of the dark black night.

Take your broken Pre and learn to fly
    All your life
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise,
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise,
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise

hi dude ... u have the same problem ... but i'm living in syria not in usa so do u know what the do to fix the problem ?
    is it software ? or what
    I sorry for. One best phones. Until HP deceided to destroy it.