1.    #1  
    I plugged my phone in this morning to charge it and all I see is a large battery icon with a charging lightning bolt in the center. Bottom of the battery icon shows red. If I remove it from the charger, it shows a ? and a picture of a plug underneath it.

I've removed my battery multiple times, been trying to charge it for hours and I can't get it to do anything.

Thanks for the help.

Rob
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    This happened to me on my second day having it. My fix was simple.

Press and hold orange button + sym + R

Voila!

Hope this helps you too!

Xan
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    A better fix is to just leave it alone and let it charge for a while. You let your battery completely drain, and the Pre needs to charge it back up to a minimum lever before it powers on. Once it reaches this level, it will power up automatically. Mine took about 5-10 minutes...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    A better fix is to just leave it alone and let it charge for a while. You let your battery completely drain, and the Pre needs to charge it back up to a minimum lever before it powers on. Once it reaches this level, it will power up automatically. Mine took about 5-10 minutes...
    Ditto. That's what happened to mine too, when I let it run dead back on Monday. Took about 5 minutes on the touchstone and it was fine again.
    nora
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post

Ditto. That's what happened to mine too, when I let it run dead back on Monday. Took about 5 minutes on the touchstone and it was fine again.
    Yup, it happen to me, I was trying to see how long before I needed to recharge, to tell you the truth, my battery life is not very bad, I mean; in my house I have very poor signal (EVDO) so that's the biggest drain, but other than that, I'm happy with my Pre
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I am happy to report, that like others on the forums has said, my battery life seems to get better and better each day! On Sunday night I had it off the charger from 11:00 PM until 9:00 am and it drained completed dead overnight with no use! I was pretty discouraged at that point!

But last night I had it off the charger all night long (same about of time) and it was down to 69% when I woke up. Leads me to believe with use the battery is "calibrating" itself and getting stronger. I hope this continues.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Also, I kept a log the other day, and noticed that it had approx., on average, a 10% per hour battery drain. So, if that holds true, with minimum to medium use, I hope to be able to get a good 10 hours out of a single charge. The problem is, I keep playing with the thing, it's so much fun, that I know I'm not getting true accurate readings on what my battery life will be with my "normal" usage.
    Just thought I'd throw in my experience... I did a full reset but got distracted/taken away from filling in my Palm Profile account info. Apparently leaving the Pre on that screen is hard on the battery, because when I got back to it MUCH later, the Pre was dead

Connecting the charger just gave the battery/lightning bolt/red icon. I ended up taking the back off and removing the battery - but with the USB still connected (to the wall charger), the icon just changed to a battery with "?" in it, then back to battery/lightning when it was reinserted.

Opt-Sym-R didn't appear to do anything.

Final fix (after leaving the device on the charger at the battery/lightning icon for a couple of hours) was to remove the USB connection, remove the battery, then reinsert the battery and press and hold the power button in the usual way. Success! It woke right back up where I left off!

(*phew!*)