Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I opened a new Sprint account on June 6th to buy the Pre. I kept my Verizon account open over the weekend just in case Sprint service didn't work in my house, commute, workplace or out by my folks in Indiana.

I just ported my number over from Verizon yesterday and closed my account. I am very happy with Sprint so far - service has been great, especially 3G. And the call quality on the Pre itself is excellent - people on the other end of the call say it almost is as clear as a landline. I'm not regretting my decision in the least.
    Had 4 lines with AT&T (3000 minutes for $366 per month), switched to Sprint and am now only paying $157.50 for 3000 minutes w/ 4 lines after discounts. Coverage with Sprint is much better and the speed is night and day difference!!! I love the fact there are no hidden fees, AT&T really does nickel and dime you to death!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I opened up a 2nd line to get the Pre because I did not want to let go of my $30 SERO account.

I may end up returning the Pre and cancelling the line because Sprint won't add my 19% corporate discount to the line.
    I'm with Tmo and have the BB Flip and hotspot@home. I've not had a landline for years. I opened a Sprint account Saturday morning (in line for an hour and a half after getting off work) and got the Pre.

Tmo has been fine and hotspot@home has been super. Since I work nights (free minutes) the $10.00 a month hotspot@home add on (unlimited calling) has allowed me to have just a 300 minute/month plan.

I got the Airave yesterday (free and no monthly fee) and in a half hour it was up and running. Just plug in the cables and wait. Full bars in my apartment now just like BB with hotspot@home. Airave does take an extra 4 to 5 seconds to initiate a call as compared to the BB on UMA. That's a noticeable difference.

I'm still deliberating a final decision.
    I switched from verizon to sprint. living in socal, i pretty much get same ammount of bars where ever i am at. Was previously on a family plan with only talk time. now i got everything i could possible want with a phone. happy the switch has been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecharm View Post
    I opened up a 2nd line to get the Pre because I did not want to let go of my $30 SERO account.

I may end up returning the Pre and cancelling the line because Sprint won't add my 19% corporate discount to the line.
    The rep in the store told me that discounts wouldn't work on the cheapest pre plan. I insisted that he attached my company to my account anyway. I then got an email from sprint confirming that my discount was coming within a bill cycle or two.
    I left Verizon with 2 lines, 1 blackberry and 1 dumbphone. So far Sprint service has been exceptional in the Ohio area and the Pre is fulfilling almost all of my Blackberry needs. Very happy so far.
    The Pre made leave AT&T for one line and go to Sprint. We still have a family plan on AT&T with 3 phones on it (wife with an iphone, mother-in-law with a simple SE phone, and a RAZR2 that I carry (no data plan, just voice). I also have a BB on the family plan, but will turn that off once EAS works right and can use the Pre.

As soon as the Pre is available on AT&T, I will dump Sprint in a heartbeat and just add the pre as another line. If voice dial is also there by then I'll turn off the RAZR2 as well.

If EAS isn't fixed soon, I will return the Pre, and go with an iPhone GS and wait for the next rev of Pre hardware on AT&T.

Where I live and work the Sprint coverage in marginal (I roam onto VZ's network with 5 bars in my office, but then burn battery power trying to move to Sprint when I walk down the hall and Sprint's crappy signal is marginally improved).
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I left AT&T - Treo 750 for the Pre. This thing is amazing. No stuck pixels, not slider crashes, and I'm on my third day without a recharge!!!!

Here's the weird piece. I went to a few Sprint stores Sat morning 6/6 and they were all sold out. Cruising around Sunday about 11am (OHIO) I come upon a Sprint store and decide to make a try - what can I lose, right?

[them]No, sold out right away.

[me]Okay, can I get on a waiting list?

[them]Sure.

[me]Okay, how many are on the list now?

[them]Oh, maybe 10.

[me]Wow, that's all?

[them]Are you a Sprint customer?

[me] No, I'd be switching from AT&T.

[them] Can you wait here one minute?(disppears into back room)

[them] Good news, I found one mixed in with the empty boxes, You're in luck!!!!

[me] Whoa, that's cool. Wait, shouldn't you sell it to the first person on your list?

[them] No, we have more on the way.

This was weird. I actually got spooked that he was going to sell me a returned phone and I asked him that point blank. He insisted it was brand new and by all accounts it is - it has been flawless.
    Very similar experience to my own. They were magically out of Pre's to give me a replacement until I mentioned that I was getting frustrated as I had just joined Sprint with the launch of the Pre and haven't canceled my Verizon service yet. I got one of those " Just a minute sir" followed by, "I have a Pre with your name on it right here". Doesn't seem to be as bad as Verizon was with the Storm though, I played hell trying to get one because I was already a Verizon customer.

Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    I left AT&T - Treo 750 for the Pre. This thing is amazing. No stuck pixels, not slider crashes, and I'm on my third day without a recharge!!!!

Here's the weird piece. I went to a few Sprint stores Sat morning 6/6 and they were all sold out. Cruising around Sunday about 11am (OHIO) I come upon a Sprint store and decide to make a try - what can I lose, right?

[them]No, sold out right away.

[me]Okay, can I get on a waiting list?

[them]Sure.

[me]Okay, how many are on the list now?

[them]Oh, maybe 10.

[me]Wow, that's all?

[them]Are you a Sprint customer?

[me] No, I'd be switching from AT&T.

[them] Can you wait here one minute?(disppears into back room)

[them] Good news, I found one mixed in with the empty boxes, You're in luck!!!!

[me] Whoa, that's cool. Wait, shouldn't you sell it to the first person on your list?

[them] No, we have more on the way.

This was weird. I actually got spooked that he was going to sell me a returned phone and I asked him that point blank. He insisted it was brand new and by all accounts it is - it has been flawless.
    My Sprint reception in my house is pretty bad. It's usable for voice though, and I have Wifi, so I'm not concerned too much. It's not as good as my old T-Mobile though, but they didn't have 3G here.

Elsewhere around here Sprint has amazing coverage though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12