Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Does anyone have one and where did you pick one up at? Anyone buy any third party chargers?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I use a micro usb car charger designed for some Motorola phone. Walmart has them cheap... 11 or 12 bucks.
    I took my universal VERIZON mini-usb car charger. I bought a MOTOROLA female mini to male micro usb connector and attached it to the charger and my phone and it charges it fine. this whole, you need a special charger is a bunch of bologna.
    I tried a Motorola micro usb charger, and for some reason, it wouldn't charge my Pre. I wound up buying the charger from Sprint, but got a discount due to my corp discount with Sprint. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives out there, as others have mentioned.
    I bought two (for my wife and I) Seidio car chargers from Precentral's Store and they worked from day one. They are almost the same price for two as one of Palm's car chargers!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Ugg, I shelled out for the charger from Sprint, but mainly because I didn't have time to shop around since I needed it immediately for a road trip. At least it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by OSU0034 View Post
    Ugg, I shelled out for the charger from Sprint, but mainly because I didn't have time to shop around since I needed it immediately for a road trip. At least it works.
    I bought mine in advance. It was here last Thursday (two days prior to the Pre's release)! I wasnt going to pay Sprint's lofty fee for a simple accessory.
    i bought a car charger, usb cable & wall charger bundle for $9 shipped on ebay
    i also think the "use official charger or die" is BS
    of course i will be insuring the phone
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i got the moto at sams club for 7 bux
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have a third party wall charger, and when I plug it in my phone goes crazy. The screen just starts tapping by itself and applications start opening up until I turn off the screen. It will charge with the screen off but whenever I turn it on the same thing happens, applications just start opening up and the phone goes crazy.

I also bought the sprint car charger, it works in the car just fine. I have a wall adapter for the car charger, where it converts a car charger to a wall plug. When using this in connection with the car charger the same thing happens, the phone goes crazy.

By the way I've heard some people saying that the car charger doesn't work for them. I noticed on my phone that when you plug it in it doesn't immediately show that the phone is charging, however if you turn the screen off then on it will then show that it is charging.