Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I converted most of the Ringtones (including alert and alarm tones) from my old Treo 700p to mp3 for use on the Pre. You can grab them from here. Enjoy!

EDIT: These ringtones cannot be downloaded by the Pre. You must download them to your computer, unzip them and then copy them to your Pre in USB mode.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 07/24/2009 at 01:28 AM.
    ederic and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Nice!
    Now if only we could select our alert sounds and other ringers like unknown number, etc...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Where do we change the SWOOSH sound for when you close a card on the Pre?
    how did you convert them?

Thanks for the work, now I also want the centro ringtone Mueva. can somebody point a way for me?

Thanks
  6.    #6  
    To convert them I used the app "HoHo" on the Treo to extract them and export them to midi files. Then I used the program "timidity" to convert them to wav files. Then I used the program "sox" to increase the volume. Then I used the program "lame" to convert to mp3.
    Nice work!
  8.    #8  
    Bump in case anyone missed this post before. Many of the Treo ringers and alerts are quite nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Now if only we could select our alert sounds and other ringers like unknown number, etc...
    I love that feature, its not available on the Pre? Booooo

I use my phone for personal and business calls. Friends/family are in my phone book and get Ringer A, unknown callers (usually customers) get ringer B. If Im busy, sleeping, whatever and I hear ringer A, I can ignore the calls without too much worry.

Thats disappointing.
    ive kinda wanted my old treo ringer for the palm pre. thanks
    Thanks!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I love that feature, its not available on the Pre? Booooo

I use my phone for personal and business calls. Friends/family are in my phone book and get Ringer A, unknown callers (usually customers) get ringer B. If Im busy, sleeping, whatever and I hear ringer A, I can ignore the calls without too much worry.

Thats disappointing.
    I guarantee you will be able to change your alert sounds on the Pre easily within a month. Just hold tight.

You can set up custom ringtones for contacts on the Pre. Just make the default ringtone on the device the one you don't ignore. Then use the custom ringtone for your friends and family.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I've put all of those into my ringtones folder and most of them don't show up in Pre's ringtone selector. Is this just me?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    I've put all of those into my ringtones folder and most of them don't show up in Pre's ringtone selector. Is this just me?
    The Pre only shows a maximum of 50 ringtones in the list. So you need to make sure you have 50 or fewer ringtones in the folder in order for all of them to show up.
  15.    #15  
    People are still downloading this like crazy so BUMP!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Clipcarl, thank you so much. It's so nice to have these tones back. It does seem that a few didn't make it: Alert Beep, Chirp, Modern Hi and others are zero-length files without the mp3 extension. Not complaining though... I'm very happy with what is included.
    Is it just me, or do other people have some zero-byte files in the zip?
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Is it just me, or do other people have some zero-byte files in the zip?
    Yeah, there are some goofed files. No charge for those!
    Thanks!
    Bunch of freebies in there. Some of those window os sound files would be good for mms and closing card sounds on Pre.... Or they will soon...
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast