Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    the volume was low...i use gold wave to make them LOUD.........
    The volume of these files has already been adjusted to be as loud as possible without any clipping. (Except for the "discrete" tone which I left at a lower level I think.) If you make them louder you will decrease the sound quality.
    Well, there are audio techniques like compression and limiting that can make a sample sound louder by increasing the average volume, while keeping the max volume at or near 0 dB.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Well, there are audio techniques like compression and limiting that can make a sample sound louder by increasing the average volume, while keeping the max volume at or near 0 dB.
    Yes, that's true but you lose dynamic range when you do that.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Yes, that's true but you lose range when you do that.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 07/24/2009 at 11:17 AM.
    Yes, you lose dynamic range, but that's not something people are generally worried about with ringtones.
    thanx
    you rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    1. Download the file to your computer
    2. Unzip the file to get the MP3 ringtones
    3. Attach your Pre to your computer in USB mode
    4. Copy the ringtones to the "ringtones" directory on your Pre
    5. Disconnect the Pre from your computer
    6. Enjoy
    Reading late...thanks...
    It worked....
    Last edited by bleuiz; 07/31/2009 at 08:47 AM.
    I placed this on a mirror: http "drop.io/carlthompson"
    Carl, PM me for the drop password, and then you can update that file as well. It's set up so guests can add their compressed tracks if they desire

(just signed up so it won't let me place links yet. Gee hope this helps with spam, because it's annoying)
    Thanks for all the treo tones! I'm still looking for the chirp tone though since it came through as a zero byte file, it was my absolute favorite on my 755p. I've scoured the interwebs high and low, and can't find a mp3 or wav version of the file. Does anyone else have a copy of the chirp? I would really appreciate it.
    Do you happen to know why when you try to use the add tone at the bottom of the ringtone screen, it will add a music file with an mp3 ext from the music files, but they won't play when the phone rings? Whats the point of having the add button if they won't play?
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by arnelgonce View Post
    Do you happen to know why when you try to use the add tone at the bottom of the ringtone screen, it will add a music file with an mp3 ext from the music files, but they won't play when the phone rings? Whats the point of having the add button if they won't play?
    Works for me! What exactly are you doing? What type of music file are you trying to use?
    been looking for this...thanks
  14. d0c
    cool. thanks!
    Hi Carl,

Just (finally) got my Pre today and I was excited to be able to have some of my Treo ringtones to use, BUT....

the link in the first post seems dead again. I've seen in the thread that the servers go offline occasionally, so I'm wondering if this is a permanent or temporary situation? If you can email the zip file instead, that would work for me. PM me if so.

Thanks (for taking the time to do this in the first place and for looking into it for me now!)

John
    download site is down! maybe too many people downloading lol.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    The carlthomson site is down. the drop.io link is up.
  18.    #78  
    More server upgrades! Site should be back up now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Carl, Thanks very much for doing this. Saved many of us a lot of time. You're server must take a lot of abuse!!
    Thanks I never had a palm this is my 1st but I don't mind having sounds
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast