Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by musk View Post
    Clipcarl, thank you so much. It's so nice to have these tones back. It does seem that a few didn't make it: Alert Beep, Chirp, Modern Hi and others are zero-length files without the mp3 extension. Not complaining though... I'm very happy with what is included.
    Yes. The ones that aren't there I couldn't easily convert because there was no standard mapping for the instruments in the MIDI files. It's only a few of them so I figured it wasn't worth it to try to figure it out (though I'll miss alert beep). There are plenty of other good ones to choose from, though!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Bunch of freebies in there. Some of those window os sound files would be good for mms and closing card sounds on Pre.... Or they will soon...
    Yeah, that's why I included them!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I appreciate these files, but I must say, I used the chirp for most of my alerts. Does anybody no how to copy this file?
    Thanks!
    Thanx for posting these. Not to sound ungrateful, but would it be too much trouble to redo the ones that didn't format properly? alert beep, chirp, modern hi, no sound, ringer loud, ringer quick, & ringer short long. I tried adding the .mp3 extension and they still wouldn't work.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I assume these are the same as the Centro? Thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I guarantee you will be able to change your alert sounds on the Pre easily within a month. Just hold tight.

You can set up custom ringtones for contacts on the Pre. Just make the default ringtone on the device the one you don't ignore. Then use the custom ringtone for your friends and family.
    Thanks for the tones.....
    Funny you mention this, I've been wondering why I wasn't able to change the text msg/email/etc. alerts. Do you know why they wouldn't have that function available at launch? Also is this something they will easily be able to issue in an OTA update?
    (ps. any idea on how "soon"?)
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    Thanks for the tones.....
    Funny you mention this, I've been wondering why I wasn't able to change the text msg/email/etc. alerts. Do you know why they wouldn't have that function available at launch? Also is this something they will easily be able to issue in an OTA update?
    (ps. any idea on how "soon"?)
    Check out this thread for an app that will allow you to change the alerts and notifications. Read the thread for some important caveats; for example the app can't be uninstalled right now. I've used the app and it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    I assume these are the same as the Centro? Thanks a lot.
    centro has 4 or 5 new tunes which are quite good.
    Great job!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    cool. thanks for the effort.

really sucks that the one I wanted, "ringer loud" isn't included :-(
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Bump!
    It works well with the Pimp My Ringtones Program, so I can choose my default notification and default alert.
    Thanks.
    The page does not open can someone email me the zip file? ken@fbcashland.com

Ken
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    To convert them I used the app "HoHo" on the Treo to extract them and export them to midi files. Then I used the program "timidity" to convert them to wav files. Then I used the program "sox" to increase the volume. Then I used the program "lame" to convert to mp3.
    Will have better results if you were to use dBpoweramp to do the converting.
    I am having the same "page won't load" problem. Any other way to get the tones? Thanks
    Link is dead
  16.    #36  
    Sorry I shut down my server for a while today and forgot to bring it back up. Try it now and let me know if you still have problems.
    thank you
    I was looking for the perfect text alert , you found it for me , Thanks
    Thanks! Great APP!!!
    Thanks for posting this! Unfortunately, my attempts to download the file keep timing out due to VERY slow data transfer (13 bytes/sec right now). Any way you can uploaded this from your server onto a public filesharing site?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast