1.    #1  
    So real life today, on the go. Get an email from an admin assistant about rescheduling a meeting time, I reply sure, but I need to check my calender, so mid-email I flip to cards and open up my calender app which has my business exchange and google personal calendar synced. I work irregular shift schedule so I'm never exactly sure when I have openings but it is all right there. So i'm able to give 3 time slots, while flipping between the two apps. Rigt in he middle, I get a call from someone important, answer it and talk to him. After hanging up, I switch back to the email and calender which are still at the exact same spot. Email sent.

Lets see a blackberry or iphone do that.

Palm Pre has some growing pains, but it really rocks at handling my connected life.
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post
    So real life today, on the go. Get an email from an admin assistant about rescheduling a meeting time, I reply sure, but I need to check my calender, so mid-email I flip to cards and open up my calender app which has my business exchange and google personal calendar synced. I work irregular shift schedule so I'm never exactly sure when I have openings but it is all right there. So i'm able to give 3 time slots, while flipping between the two apps. Rigt in he middle, I get a call from someone important, answer it and talk to him. After hanging up, I switch back to the email and calender which are still at the exact same spot. Email sent.

Palm Pre has some growing pains, but it really rocks at handling my connected life.
    THAT'S A WRAP! And only in one take! You were wonderful!

Now let's do the second one before we lose the light.

No really, I'm glad your happy with your Pre.

Do you have an agent?
    Seriously, sounds like a Pre commercial waiting to happen... well, except for the growing pains part haha... talk to Palm!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Great...that is what palm should do is talk to real peeps and make a commercial...its really difficult to show someone the multitasking...i mean opening up a whole bunch of cards and flipping through them...but it really comes in handy when you are doing it when you need to...

i love my iphone but this pre is making me think twice on keeping it...cant wait till the GSM version comes out...
    Wow, my blackberry does the same thing. I just hold down the menu key and choose the app that is running in the background that I want to switch to.
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post

In all honesty, I can do that on my 755p. No, it's not true multi-tasking, but if I'm in an email in Chatter, I can push one button and bring up my calendar. Another button takes me back to email, and back and forth if I need to. In my schedule or email, if the phone rings I answer it and have my conversation. Thanks to Hobbyist Software, my Treo doesn't switch screens, so the app is still up when I finish my call. (Even with that add-on, it would only be one click to go back.) Finish typing the email, click send, and away we go.

And yes, chatter keeps me in my email message when I switch in and out, and my calendar is synced in real time with EAS, although I have to admit Datebk6 always starts on today. I'm not saying the Pre doesn't multi-task very well, but I am pointing out that the ancient P-OS is incredibly capable. In fact, it does many things better than the current edition of the Pre.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.