1.    #1  
    So I had the light white blotches everyone has been posting about on my pre.. I also have the major battery issues, and the bluetooth issues others are complaining about
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...lse-repro.html

The triple hit i guess?

anyone i was running down my battery for the night as other threads have posted, just to try since my battery just doesn't last. And decided to start a movie at the brightest settings. 30 minutes into it, and battery going from 47% to 8%, the white blotches are unbelievably pronounced..

try it.. wow, the phone btw is soo hot, almost like a hot laptop! You can't even hold it really without your hand sweating.

I gotta have a defective phone. My other pre that I got for my wife. I took it off the touchstone at 100%, watched a 5 min youtube video and standby for hte last 30 min and it's 97%..

tomorrow after fully charging both, i'm going to side by side do the same thing on them to see drain.

I have an airave in the house, and signal on both still fluctate from 5 bars to 1 bar on both though
    Take it back. Mine is not that bad.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Yeah, that is NOT normal. Mine doesn't get hot at all.

I'm really wondering where all these defective phones are coming from. I'm going to stop by the RS where I got mine and ask the manager what he's heard.
    Have you run the quick tests or the interactive tests? They are in device info under more info and then in the options pulldown. The quick one may show you what is causing the heat and the interactive can show what layer is wrong with the screen so you can report it.

Also, are you using touchstone? That does cause the phone to get hot.
  5.    #5  
    I run the interactive and seemed fine, although when launching pandora, youtube you can see the blotches. after the phone got really hot 30 min into the movie, the blotches really lit up and the phone you really can't hold comfortably as it's really hot (not burning mind you, but it'll make your hand sweat).
    i'll do the quick test.

just bought a touchstone but it's at work.. home i use the usb charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    And decided to start a movie at the brightest settings. 30 minutes into it, and battery going from 47% to 8%, the white blotches are unbelievably pronounced..
    Theres your batter problem. Having the screen set to the brightest settings will drain your battery extremely quick. Thats on any phone. Also that could be the problem for your white blotches appearing. I have my screen to the lowest setting and its just fine.

I also have a touchstone charger, and sometimes leave my phone on it for 10+ hours and its not that hot. But back to my point lol turn the screen settings down, that will greatly improve your battery life for sure. I can last a whole day from 9am to about 12 or so with out having to charge it.
  7.    #7  
    Ran the quick test.. error 25 wifi
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nder-pref.html

i'm taking it in to a sprint store this AM..
  8.    #8  
    took to the store.. swapped for a new one.. passed the test. charging now. we'll see..
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    took to the store.. swapped for a new one.. passed the test. charging now. we'll see..
    Let us know how your new phone does.