Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I get that you can paste by selecting "Paste" from the drop down in the upper left corner but next to paste I see a "bullseye icon + v" and was wondering you you would use that shortcut. I tried tapping the screen where I want to paste and then hitting the 'v' key but nothing happens.
    I believe it's finger on gesture area and then v
    Correct. Same for cut (x) and copy (c). Very handy indeed.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    haha wow. That makes sense. Thanks.

I kept tapping on the spot where i wanted to paste instead on the gesture area.
    i was wondering the same thing. thanks!
    does that work in messenging too. if i want to copy and send to other people unless u can forward from messaging....help thank in advance
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    The manual is full of interesting stuff.... http://palm.cdnetworks.net/support/w...nt_p100eww.pdf

Page 67

Cut, Copy, and Paste Information

You can cut or copy any editable text. Tap the text to insert the cursor—if the cursor appears, you can edit the text.

1. Select the text you want to cut or copy (see “Text Selection Gestures” on page 49).
    2. Open the application menu and tap Edit > Cut or Copy.
    3. Insert the cursor where you want to paste the text (see “Text Selection Gestures” on page 49).
    4. Open the application menu and tap Edit > Paste.

Tip: You can also use keyboard shortcuts to cut, copy, and paste. After selecting the text or inserting the cursor, tap and hold the gesture area and press X (cut), C (copy), or V (paste).

Page 49

Text Selection Gestures Place the cursor in a text field: Tap the location.

Move the cursor: Tap the location to insert the cursor. Press and hold the orange key. Place your finger anywhere onscreen and drag your finger in the direction you want to move the cursor.

Select text: Tap the location to insert the cursor. Press and hold Shift . Place your finger anywhere onscreen and drag your finger in the direction you want to select text.
    ........ Please read the Palm Pre Manual and the Palm Pre Solutions Guide.

Check out the official Palm blog.
    Dieter said something about using the space bar......
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    is it just me or is selecting text a shore requiring multiple attempts?

also what about undo?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i have yet to get the shortcut to work for copy and paste. ive tried the tap and hold the gesture area and then pressing c or v, still nothing. anyone else have this problem?
    It took me 30 mins to figure this out
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Works fine. Just hold your finger in the gesture area, you don't have to tap anything. It's the same as the ctrl key.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    I believe it's finger on gesture area and then v

What exactly do you mean by finger on gesture area? I've tried this and still can't figure it out. Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    What exactly do you mean by finger on gesture area? I've tried this and still can't figure it out. Thanks, Casey.
    Holding the Pre in your left hand, hold your left thumb on the area below the screen and to the left of the button. Then simultaneously press "c" to copy or "v" to paste.
    Last edited by groovy; 07/28/2009 at 02:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    just watch for light to come on and your good
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Holding the Pre in your left hand, hold your left thumb on the area below the screen and to the left of the button. Then simultaneously press "c" to copy or "v" to paste.
    Cool, thanks a lot, that took some practice!! All this gesturing is tiring out my fingers!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili View Post
    is it just me or is selecting text a shore requiring multiple attempts?
    I cannot get selecting text to work.
    To select I normally just place the cursor behind the text I want(by tapping where I want cursor or 'orange' + move finger left/right across screen) and then hold 'shift' (up arrow by spacebar) and either move left/right for by word selection or up/down for full line selecting.

I found about cut/paste once I began using filecoaster and getting more apps. When selecting I have noticed that when I want to move cursor by single letters that pre gauges my intent very well with small movements. That has made my life a lot easier The gesture are is big area to use when cut/paste, I normally touch anywhere from mic hole to bottom of screen, hold with button lit up and 'c' - copy, 'v' - paste or just shake pre in filecoaster,lol (I think I like that alot).
    Last edited by dowdyrich; 08/15/2009 at 11:18 AM.
    Thank you. You do indeed hold your finger on the gesture area and then press the appropriate letter. x,c,v
    Just to be sure- there's no way to select text and copy it from the web browser? You can only do this with editable text?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast