Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Tonight I learned of a 1350mAh battery that is the EXACT same size as the OEM 1150mAh battery.

Palm, why in the world would you not make the OEM battery a 1350mAh? You knew people would be unhappy with battery life.

So frustrating!
    Cool I'm going to have to look into that.

I imagine that with whatever size battery Palm gave the Pre, somebody out there would come up with a better one.
    My experience with aftermarket batteries is poor.. they never seem to last as long as the original even when they are 3x the capacity.

And higher amp batteries usually have a higher failure rate, so it may have been a cost thing.

And 20% boost isn't enough for me to spend $45. Call me when they make it at least 2x the size.. add a extended back if you have to lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Tonight I learned of a 1350mAh battery that is the EXACT same size as the OEM 1150mAh battery.

Palm, why in the world would you not make the OEM battery a 1350mAh? You knew people would be unhappy with battery life.

So frustrating!
    I sure hope Seidio or another battery maker makes a 2000 or 3000 mAh battery with a bigger replacement back.

If Mugen could make one look as good as they made a 3600mAh for the Palm Treo Pro, I'd be all over it...

Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    The real question is will these news batteries work with the touchstone ??
    It sould work fine because it is your phone chaging the battery through the phone not the touchstone charging the battery direct.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    It sould work fine because it is your phone chaging the battery through the phone not the touchstone charging the battery direct.
    You would need another new backcover however, as the Touchstone receiving unit is in the underside of the back cover, and makes contact with the internals of the phone itself. Thus you would need some way of making that contact with a larger battery.
    No its the same back door as the one for the 1150 battery. The back door connects to the internal parts of the phone, which sends the charge to the battery. The back door doesnt interact directly with the battery.
    Btw, be thankful that Palm even gives you the option to get a larger battery.
    I bought an "OEM-sized" battery for my Treo and it pulled all the screws loose over the years. It definitely put more stress on the phone.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I would liek to see someone with the proper charging equipment test these 1350 mah batteries to see if they really live up to the 1350 mah.
    Amzer has a 2800 mAH Li-Ion battery w/ battery door. No profile view yet.

Amzer SmartCell 2800 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Black Battery Door - 83630 - Fommy.com

So frustrating!
    Because the higher quality, more dense cells in a 1350 cost more then those used in the 1150. Not to mention Palm has already engineered and produced the 1150 battery and can use it in the Pre for 'free'.

Companies will provide the least possible battery they can get away with. Once the poor battery life starts costing them more in missed sales then engineering a better battery, then they will spend the money on it. Not before.
    It probably had to do with the phone overheating when it's charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    My experience with aftermarket batteries is poor.. they never seem to last as long as the original even when they are 3x the capacity.
    I've had mixed experience with aftermarket batteries. They never seem to achieve their power claims...often being slightly less or considerably less than the OEM's. I've also had a few failures...but no fires. Having said that, I still buy them because they run about 1/3rd as much.
    We also seem to forget that the demand is for slimmer devices and that equates to smaller batteries.

So frustrating!
    because business is a dirty game...Just like child support.