Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I am all over the map on getting a pre. Then I thought about what I needed most, and why my ipod touch and centro weren't getting the job done.
    Here's what i need (in no particular order)
    • phone
    • texting
    • web with decent formatting
    • facebook (update, comment, upload)
    • twitter
    • email
    • PIM

I think a pre should handle these things pretty well, so I got on the list.

When I called over the weekend the lists were about 80 people in 2 nearby stores. I added myself to two lists. I am in the 80s on one, and in the 110s on another! There is a lot of pent up demand in the Bay Area

What about you? Why do you need a pre? Are you on the list?
    Quote Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
    I am all over the map on getting a pre. Then I thought about what I needed most, and why my ipod touch and centro weren't getting the job done.
    Here's what i need (in no particular order)
    • phone
    • texting
    • web with decent formatting
    • facebook (update, comment, upload)
    • twitter
    • email
    • PIM

I think a pre should handle these things pretty well, so I got on the list.

When I called over the weekend the lists were about 80 people in 2 nearby stores. I added myself to two lists. I am in the 80s on one, and in the 110s on another! There is a lot of pent up demand in the Bay Area

What about you? Why do you need a pre? Are you on the list?

*Basic phone works fine and sounds really good in my experience
    *Texting works well too, though I do wish it showed how many characters I am at so I know the limit.
    *Web is awesome. Except for flash it is as good as firefox
    *Facebook normally goes to it's mobile site (www.x.facebook.com), but if you go to the real page everything works pretty well. Uploading doesn't work at the moment I believe.
    *Don't really use Twitter, but the Tweed app is pretty highly rated.
    *E-mail works just like text mixed with web. A+!
    *PIM. In terms of contacts and calender they both work better then any phone I've ever used so... yeah. YMMV.

I was #5 on my list And my needs are pretty much the same as yours except twitter lol
    I could have had one Saturday, but decided to sleep on it. This morning, I decided I will deffinatly get one, so I went to the Sprint store nearest me (not a corporate store) and she ordered one for me and I will have one in the morning. This is a pretty low traffic store in Aurora, CO (suburb of Denver) so, maybe if you can find a lower traffic store in your area you wouldn't have to wait? Then again, maybe those are the only two near you. GOOD LUCK!
    Well, I'd be on a waiting list but the Best Buy stores in my area say they are not using lists.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Sad to say, other stores aren't really convenient for me, especially for waiting. And these are pretty high volume stores, so I am hoping they'll make up for the long waiting lists with more stock Cross your fingers
    Just put myself on the waiting list today, I'm even canceling my AT&T account to get a Pre
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I wish I lived in an area that actually had a Sprint store that could order one close by. Unfortunately the only Sprint location isn't a preferred retailer or what ever it is they refer to it as. They can't even order them yet and don't know when it will be before they can. But I'm first on their list to get one at least.
    I'm on the list too....at 3 different stores! LOL!
    I got put on the wait list on Monday. I was told that they'd call me Friday,which is today, but they couldn't guarantee me a phone. I hope they'll hold one for me for an hour. I'll be in town today so I hope they call me while I'm out n. about
    After spending the past few weeks really, REALLY researching phones, I decided to go ahead and order a pre. We have a Sprint corporate store here and I knew from talking with other people that there is a waiting list. They said it should take about a week to get a phone. No big deal there. However, I was a bit miffed that the store had TWO dead demo models on display. When I asked an employee about it she got all snarky and complained that they were'nt mounted on their stones, so they needed to be charged.

While I get the whole premise about showing the stones in-store -- does Sprint really think that it is beneficial to have only battery charged phones on display? They couldn't have at least one plugged in?! One couple that came in to check out the phone were so off put by the lack of a working demo that the husband said "That's it -- we're going over to the Apple store to pre-order the 3G S." They walked right back out.

That there was no working model was very frustrating. But, all in all, I think that going with the pre is a good decision. ESPECIALLY over the iPhone -- which is lovely, until you take into account that you must sign up for two years of AT&T's god-awful coverage!
    All I can say is it's worth the wait.

We have 3 three's in the family and all are operating perfectly. People on this board complain about this and that but there has not been a better launch of a first generation phone. It's only going to get better and it's already amazingly great.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Wohoo! Finally got my phone call. On the first list i joined. It took almost 2 weeks!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    15-20 people ahead of me on the list at my local Sprint store here in the Tampa Bay area.
    This sounds like the phone for you.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    *Basic phone works fine and sounds really good in my experience
    *Texting works well too, though I do wish it showed how many characters I am at so I know the limit.
    *Web is awesome. Except for flash it is as good as firefox
    *Facebook normally goes to it's mobile site (www.x.facebook.com), but if you go to the real page everything works pretty well. Uploading doesn't work at the moment I believe.
    *Don't really use Twitter, but the Tweed app is pretty highly rated.
    *E-mail works just like text mixed with web. A+!
    *PIM. In terms of contacts and calender they both work better then any phone I've ever used so... yeah. YMMV.

I was #5 on my list And my needs are pretty much the same as yours except twitter lol

when you're typing however, if you watch the send/paper airplane, a little "2" comes up on it when you get to the second page i believe so it at least tells you when you have more than 1 page, although no specific character count