1.    #1  
    Here are my finding on which chargers worked on Pre

Worked on Pre
    - Palm wall charger
    - Palm car charger
    - Generic car charger 1 (1A model, worked most of times)
    - Generic car charger 2 (1A model, worked)
    - Generic car charger 3 (1A model, worked sometimes)
    - Generic car charger 4 (1/2A model, worked sometimes)
    - Generic wall charger 1 (1A model, worked sometimes
    - Generic wall charger 2 (1A model, worked)
    - Generic wall charger 3 (1A model, worked)

Worked on Touch stone
    - Palm wall charger
    - Palm car charger
    - Generic car charger 2 (1A model, kept coming in and out of charge status; unusable)

Everything else did not work on Touch stone.

Thought about pulling out o-scope and analyze V and I but got lazy.. might try tomorrow...
    Yeah, would love to know what generics function right... I need a car charger and an extra microUSB or two... but I can't pay these ransoms D;
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    I have a little FM transmitter car thing that I got at Best Buy a few months ago, lets you adjust to any FM station and in addition to an audio input it has a USB port for charging (at the time) iPods and the such. Well tried it out with the Pre, and it worked like a charm! Riding down the road with Pandora playing in the car and a fully charged Pre!
  4.    #4  
    Anyone found 'non-Palm' car charger working on Touchstone?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    I have a little FM transmitter car thing that I got at Best Buy a few months ago, lets you adjust to any FM station and in addition to an audio input it has a USB port for charging (at the time) iPods and the such. Well tried it out with the Pre, and it worked like a charm! Riding down the road with Pandora playing in the car and a fully charged Pre!
    Got the make and model number for that?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Two differant generic ipod usb car chargers worked for me. Woo hoo.