Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I bought three Pre's -

first one was on June 6th (it had the old OS version on it and i had to update to 1.0.2) so - I think it was a "first batch" unit which may explain what I'm about to say...

bought two more Pre's on June 10th and they already had OS 1.0.2 on them - both of these units have "issues"

I'm returning one tomorrow because the screen part is very loosely connected to the "base" part... everytime you open and close it you have to press it back together on the left side...

- now, on to the title of this thread...

the third pre that I bought will leave black lines on your finger tips after using it... the black plastic that surround the mirror seems to be coated with black ink or something... after my daughter uses the phone for a while her finger tips have black lines from touching the edge around the mirror...

I checked pre #2 and you can rub the edge around the mirror and get black on your fingers...

I checked my Pre #1 original first day unit - and it's squeaky clean...

Also, my screen fits very tight against the base...

Anyone else have issues like this...
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Yes, I do get black on my fingers from around the mirror. I was assuming it would eventually all come off and the problem would go away. Got mine on June 9th with 1.0.2 preinstalled.