Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are so many people on here that decided the phone was not for them, which is fine as it's not for everyone, so they feel they need to bash it.

I can't WAIT until all these people return their Pre so we don't have to weed through all the b*tch and moan posts.
    This was the EXACT same thing when the iPhone first came out people had the same types of problems... or any other phone for that matter.

They have every right to post, it's an open forum and a free country (at least where I live), but I just don't want to have to see the same crap by the same people anymore... makes it hard to find interesting posts.

There are a few complaints that are well written and concise, but most of them are just whine / bash / drama sessions.

Just my two cents.
    I completely agree. Thank you for posting this
    I hear you! I've been around a while & its always like this when new Palm's are released. Don't like 'em, return them & move on, we'll see you back soon anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by repseki View Post
    I completely agree. Thank you for posting this
    amen! My pre is faulty (the speaker on the front is jacked up) but I still love the Pre! I can't wait 'til i get my replacement and I'll be totally happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    There are so many people on here that decided the phone was not for them, which is fine as it's not for everyone, so they feel they need to bash it.

I can't WAIT until all these people return their Pre so we don't have to weed through all the b*tch and moan posts.
    This was the EXACT same thing when the iPhone first came out people had the same types of problems... or any other phone for that matter.

They have every right to post, it's an open forum and a free country (at least where I live), but I just don't want to have to see the same crap by the same people anymore... makes it hard to find interesting posts.

There are a few complaints that are well written and concise, but most of them are just whine / bash / drama sessions.

Just my two cents.
    There's welcome discussion regarding critique of a product and then there is the reactionary defensiveness which leads to the "bashing" and the "drama".

If people could just chill a little bit, there'd be much less drama. That's really the long and the short of it.
    Just because the Iphone or Storm had issues should have meant that Palm learned to avoid the same pitfalls.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    between the people who come to bash the phone and the people with real questions that have already been asked and answered its been brutal here lately. Sure theres some good discussion going on but I decided to pass the time making a Halo ringtone for my Pre using Audacity. Damn you Pre for sending me deeper into the nerdy rabbit hole. It sounds great though
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    between the people who come to bash the phone and the people with real questions that have already been asked and answered its been brutal here lately. Sure theres some good discussion going on but I decided to pass the time making a Halo ringtone for my Pre using Audacity. Damn you Pre for sending me deeper into the nerdy rabbit hole. It sounds great though
    And there are some people who try to bash anyone who doesn't share their pre worldview. Its always drama, personal attacks, and questions of integrity with them. Really, its just a phone, not a group physics project or a national effort to win a war. Perspective is a funny thing.
  9.    #9  
    Hey man, say what you want about my wife but don't mess with my Pre!

Seriously, glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

...and PreGame, what the Hell was the even in reference to?
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    And there are some people who try to bash anyone who doesn't share their pre worldview. Its always drama, personal attacks, and questions of integrity with them. Really, its just a phone, not a group physics project or a national effort to win a war. Perspective is a funny thing.
    I don't take cell phones that seriously. Its working well for me and could be even better with some software updates but I'm happy. Different strokes for different folks, just avoid the bike shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I don't take cell phones that seriously. Its working well for me and could be even better with some software updates but I'm happy. Different strokes for different folks, just avoid the bike shop.
    I'm glad to hear its working for you. Wow, how novel it is to actually be able to converse with someone in a civil manner around this place again!
    Hey man, say what you want about my wife but don't mess with my Pre!

Seriously, glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

...and PreGame, what the Hell was the even in reference to?
    Seriously.
    Frankly, all the negative posts are important. Those looking for information on the Pre need to be able to see all points of view, not just those of the fanboys. Without the negatives, you'd have even more people unhappy with the device and returning it, which would be bad for Palm. And, I honestly think the negative feedback will give Palm more incentive to fix the things that are wrong with the Pre, of which there are plenty.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Can't wait until the b*tching is over.
    You must be new to the internet. I don't think the b*tching will ever stop.
    Dude, people are still *****ing about the iPhone to this very day. (My household included!) Actually, my favorite tongue-in-cheek description of the Pre so far has been "it's like an iPhone with 100% less Apple!" *grin*
    Quote Originally Posted by minidreamin View Post
    You must be new to the internet. I don't think the b*tching will ever stop.
    I know, right? It was incessant before one phone was ever sold, and it will continue for the forseeable future. I post less here these days because I'm enjoying mine. If people wanna complain, oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Frankly, all the negative posts are important. Those looking for information on the Pre need to be able to see all points of view, not just those of the fanboys. Without the negatives, you'd have even more people unhappy with the device and returning it, which would be bad for Palm. And, I honestly think the negative feedback will give Palm more incentive to fix the things that are wrong with the Pre, of which there are plenty.
    Ah but there is a huge difference between negative feedback because of bugs/glitches/functionalities....and the other post/threads of "PRE sucks cause it cant do this".....

Negative Feedback that leads to a positive conclusion/answer is always needed in the world...especially in the tech world. Im all for all of who are basically PRE "testers" right now, to find the things that need to be updated/fixed as it will make this phone and Palm a 100 times better.

But I think we are all getting tired of the countless threads of "Im returning the PRE because...". If you returning it and posting a thread like that....save yourself the trouble and just return it...you obviously not willing to wait and/or search for the answers you want.

Just my two cents.

The *****ing will stop approx three minutes prior to hell freezing over.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    You should have seen the *****ing over the Instinct. It never stopped.
    Yes there is a difference between constructive criticism and *****ing. Some folks can't seem to distinguish between them. I'm all for contructive criticism, it's healthy but to continually rant and rave is useless.
    If people don't like the Pre, and can't accept the fact this is a first generation phone which has only been out less than a week and yes there are some issues and yes the apps aren't there yet, then just return it.
    Me, I'm loving the heck out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Just because the Iphone or Storm had issues should have meant that Palm learned to avoid the same pitfalls.
    As the Storm and iphone should have learned from issues with previous phone releases? What smartphones have been perfect right out of the boxn
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast