Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, much like many folks here, I had some issues with my album art. Not presently using itunes because it's bloated and runs like crap on windows.

Was simply dragging and dropping whole folders complete with album art onto the device. Even tried windows media player which worked fine to sync - except, hardly any album art.

Well, it seems (and feel free to prove me wrong) but if the album art is not embedded into the id tag, you don't see the art for the song on the pre. The whole album art folder jpg thing just doesn't cut it here.

So, I grabbed a copy of Media Monkey and had it update the tags to include the album art, moved the media to the pre and guess what - Album Art.

Quite a pain - but at least I can solve the issue. Only 11852 songs to go...
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    I'll confirm, a single .jpg in the folder isn't working for me; I had to re-tag all my music and include album art in the tags. Doesn't bother me though; HDD space is cheap and if the art is in the tags, it can't be accidentally separated.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    I'll confirm, a single .jpg in the folder isn't working for me; I had to re-tag all my music and include album art in the tags. Doesn't bother me though; HDD space is cheap and if the art is in the tags, it can't be accidentally separated.
    Agree absoutely - also, in windows when the art is in the tags - you then see the album art when looking at the music in explorer rather than a music note with MP3 under it.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    so I have thousands of mp3s, some with art, some without, and some with the wrong art...
    How can I update them and correct them without doing it mp3 by mp3 I'm tired of the Generic no art art. Also Why we are at it, My bookmarks are not sleek...can I change those to an icon I prefer? I don't want last weeks headline or page as the link...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so I have thousands of mp3s, some with art, some without, and some with the wrong art...
    How can I update them and correct them without doing it mp3 by mp3 I'm tired of the Generic no art art.
    My tool of choice is Tag&Rename, though I'm sure there are others out there.

You should also checkout a Lifehacker article specifically related to MP3 album art:

Lifehacker - Alpha Geek: Whip your MP3 library into shape, Part II - Album art - Alpha Geek
    Awesome! Thanks for the Tip, that will be put to good use!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    For mp3 tag editing, Media Monkey works very well and updating Album Arts is as easy as drag-and-drop.
    Media Monkey worked for me!
    Makes me glad I took the time out long ago to perfect all the tags on every single one of my MP3s, down to embedding the appropriate, cropped, high-quality album art.

That isn't necessarily a recommendation. When I did that it was for about 8,000 songs and it took me the better part of a week, lol. I'm a perfectionist, thogh.
    I did just shy up 14,000 songs using TagTuner in a couple of evenings.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I did just shy up 14,000 songs using TagTuner in a couple of evenings.
    Reason it probably took me a week was for several reasons:

- Many of the songs weren't from entire albums, but individual songs I'd randomly dowloaded.

- I wanted the tags to be perfect. Not just album art, but proper title, artist, album name, track number, disc number, year, composer (if applicable), and genre.

- A good 30% of my music is from anime soundtracks or Japanese albums for which this information is a tad obscure, to say the least.

- I also did a whole bunch of organization of the actual files. And since I'm not on a Mac, iTunes didn't keep track of the file's location, which meant a lot of erasing and re-adding from the playlist.

These and other factors (above all the amount of songs you have) determine whether the process will take you a day, a week, or a month. But yeah, programs help. I did it the old-fashioned way.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Media Monkey looks great...but got any suggestions for a mac user???
    Mp3Tag (www .mp3tag.de/en/) is also an excellent media tagging utility; it is what I use to edit my mp3's prior to putting them on my Zune.

Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.

It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.

Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.
    very cool thanks
    ---
    johnny olsen
    photography, digital imaging and web hosting
    http://johnnyolsen.com
    I've been using Media Monkey for years. Sure, that big cleanup is a hassle (I did it myself a couple of years ago) but you just need to maintain it going forward. Keeping the ID3 tags clean and embedded with album art is just good practice anyway.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    My tool of choice is Tag&Rename, though I'm sure there are others out there.

You should also checkout a Lifehacker article specifically related to MP3 album art:

Lifehacker - Alpha Geek: Whip your MP3 library into shape, Part II - Album art - Alpha Geek
    I also second the Tag&Rename program. It costs money, but its combination of interface and features makes it one of the best, if not the best mp3 tagging program out there.

To get quality album art (minimum of 500x500), I would go to this site:
    AlbumArtExchange.com - CD/Album cover art gallery - Home

Also Amazon is a great resource for album art. Specifically their mp3 store has the most consistent quality.

However a lot of their cd listings have mediocre to poor quality album art, although you can take advantage of user uploads i it is available.
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    All of my album art is tagged to the MP3's but now I see them in my photo app ... annoying. anyone know a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    All of my album art is tagged to the MP3's but now I see them in my photo app ... annoying. anyone know a solution?
    Turn off the "hide protected operating system files" option in windows (google it), connect your Pre in USB mode, surf to your audio folders, and see if they contain hidden JPEGs. If so, delete these image files. By default, the images are added by WMP.

BTW, you can get rid of them all at once by using the windows search tool:

- right click on the top-level audio folder on your Pre
    - select search
    - set the search filter to *.jpg
    - highlight and delete all of the results.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    If you use foobar you just need to name the jpg image 'folder' and it works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast