1.    #1  
    1st post here, woot.

I have been following these forums for awhile, but did not want to post until I was officially getting the phone. Anyway, enough boring you.

I will be getting my pre in about 12 hrs (woot!), obviously one of the things I am "worried" about is the battery life. No worries, just buy an extra battery right? Right.

My question with that is, I am coming off of a Samsung Instinct. The Instinct came with an extra battery, and a case that came with it for it to sit in and charge. I know the Pre does not come with an extra batter, but was wondering if the batteries you buy online come with a "housing unit" or if the only way to charge a spare battery while it is not physically in your Pre is to set it on the Touchstone?

I am assuming they do not come with a housing unit, but just thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance! Glad to finally be apart of the community.

I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight, so excited
    No idea if/when there will be an external battery charger. But, a battery can't simply be placed on the Touchstone to charge. The circuitry for receiving the inductive charge is in the Pre itself, not the battery, so the battery definitely has to be in the Pre to charge.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3. cme
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    No idea if/when there will be an external battery charger. But, a battery can't simply be placed on the Touchstone to charge. The circuitry for receiving the inductive charge is in the Pre itself, not the battery, so the battery definitely has to be in the Pre to charge.
    External charger

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...y-charger.html
    IF the battery in Pre is exactly same as centro:

I got two spare batts from ebay for my centro, $10/piece

chargers: couple of $$.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Buy Centro batteries for under $10 a piece. They work with the Touchstone, niether you nor your Pre will be able to tell the difference.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I was informed the treo batteries MAY NOT be able to handle the heat the PRE discharges, use at your own risk
    the cheap battery chargers on ebay work just fine with the Pre's battery as well as the Centro's.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.