1.    #1  
    ...that I'm so glad the Pre is being taken seriously? Comparisons to the iPhone are inevitable, but at least the "iPhone killer" terms are mostly gone. And the general consensus is, "Apple, you might be ahead now, but don't get comfy."

I love Apple products, but in this case the Pre is simply a better and superior product for me.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    If only rhe pre was built as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdc5 View Post
    Mine's built great!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    I'm frankly surprised how close they are in functionality, given that the iPhone has been out for two years.

arstechnica thinks that the pre is competing with blackberry.

The more I think about the eos and synergy, the more I think they're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdc5 View Post
    And if only your sentences were built as well.

Hehe, oh come on, someone had to say it.

Seriously though, I've heard iphone people complain all over the place about signal strength because of the aluminium back on it. And given that we're in our first few days of using the Pre, I think our battery life will stabilize with daily use and improve as next versions of the OS are released.

I agree with the original poster though, Apple has a 40k or something lead on native applications, but if you include PalmOS apps emulated through Classic, they don't, and the Pre won't take long to catch up, since in order to develop for the Pre you aren't required to own a Palm computer.

And people forget that there wasn't an iPhone SDK for the first year of it's existence.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    As far as I know you aren't required to have an apple computer to use the SDK but I might be wrong. I don't think there would be nearly as many fart and poo apps in the app store for apple if that were the case, but I agree with everything else being said in this thread.
    comparison, of course, with Pre brings revolutionary multitasking and other features.

iPhone killer? we will wait and see when it goes to ATT.
    ARS Technica claims that the Pre is more of a potential Blackberry Killer than iPhone Killer... I tend to agree with that assessment.
    Actually you csn run the sdk on linux widows or a mac