1.    #1  
    I am scratching my head trying to figure out how to go back to a previous screen when within an application.

For example: I launcher the 'App Catalog', I select a program that I might want to purchase or read about.

Once I'm done reading about an application that I am considering purchasing I want to 'go back' to the app catalog to look at other applications.

The only way now that I have figured out to do, is to hit the 'center button' and then close the application and then relaunch the application catalog all over again.

This so stupid to me that I just might not know how to go back, otherwise if I am doing the only thing that can be done. It's really stupid.

I guess another way to explain is the 'back' feature of a web browser, which I haven't found in the Pre's web browser.

Please, I know I just don't know how to do these functions.

Rob

PS I just got it today, and love it. I upgraded from my tank; Treo 650 which was and is a great device.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    There is an option that you can enable that allows you to switch between full screen windows with a swipe command on the gesture bar.

Edit: go to Screen and Lock and enable "Switch Applications" under Advanced Gestures. You can then use a gesture (full swipe) to go between apps

Edit x 2: To go back from within an Application, just swipe the gesture area from the center button to the left side of the device.
    Check out a video of the back gesture right on your Pre. Go to the Help application, tap on clips, then tap on "Go up one level in an app (back gesture)".

If you didn't know how to do the back gesture then there are probably tons of stuff you're missing out on. Just check out those videos and have some fun.
    It's the Back Gesture that is shown in the opening video. Put your finger just to the left of the and swipe to the left, and your page will go back.
    You can also swipe from the right side of the gesture bar to the center button. Either way, as long as you're swiping 1/2 the gesture bar right-to-left.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, I'll watch the video first, still haven't figured this out.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

7.    #7  
    I'm watching those help videos, is there supposed to be sound in the videos I have no sound.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

1) Place your finger near the right side of the device, just underneath the screen. Your button will light up when you place your finger here.

2) Swipe your finger to the left.

3) ...

4) Profit!
    So easy a caveman can do it............
  10.    #10  
    Thanks again, I got it! I wasn't doing the gestures just right.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3