View Poll Results: Should you exchange, [Because] ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes exchange because of dead pixels

8 50.00%
  • Don't exchange, accept the dead pixels

6 37.50%
  • Yes exchange because of Screen Scratches

0 0%
  • Don't exchange, accept the Screen Scratches

1 6.25%
  • Yes exchange because of Wireless issues

0 0%
  • Don't exchange, accept the Wireless issues

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not having many issues. Obvious ones are battery. But I do have the "light leak" at the bottom of the screen. I just read that the Pre's were packaged in two different boxes; black and yellow. The yellow one's are the newest and are shipping with 1.0.2. However, it seems that most who have been lucky enough to get the newer ones aren't having nearly the issues as the folks with the black box/1.0.1.

So, should I even worry about it?
    I am curious about this as well. I got the original box and have the light leak issue too, not as bad as some people but it does get noticeable the more I use it.

A co-worker had a unit that came pre-loaded with the updated software and doesn't seem to have a light leak issue but I haven't looked at it carefully yet.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I just noticed the light leak issue in the App store. Odd.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I've had both...a black box and a yellow box and to be honest, the "light" issue hasn't changed between the two of them. I noticed the same thing in both.

I did, however, notice that a lot of the issue is simply how they designed the graphics....take the app store into card view sometime and even there you will notice slightly different coloration at the bottom of the card.
  5.    #5  
    That's the only place I notice it. The App Catalog. VERY WEIRD lol...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    That's the only place I notice it. The App Catalog. VERY WEIRD lol...
    Agree here...I don't notice it in any apps except the app catalog and Pandora which both use the same color background...weird eh?
    app catalog is the most prominent. I have seen it in a few other spots but not as bad. i know if the phone is at rest for a while and go to the app catalog it isn't as noticeable.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike1029 View Post
    app catalog is the most prominent. I have seen it in a few other spots but not as bad. i know if the phone is at rest for a while and go to the app catalog it isn't as noticeable.
    Did you have the original black box? Or the yellow one with 1.0.2 preinstalled?
    Its the same models in both boxes. Some were updated with 1.0.2 thats about the only difference. If there are any fixes etc it would be months until those models hit the stores. This was the same thing that people were saying with the 800W. The newer ones didnt have the battery drain and people were running to the store swapping them and there was no difference. The basic hardware will stay the same for a while and only the software might change.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Its the same models in both boxes. Some were updated with 1.0.2 thats about the only difference. If there are any fixes etc it would be months until those models hit the stores. This was the same thing that people were saying with the 800W. The newer ones didnt have the battery drain and people were running to the store swapping them and there was no difference. The basic hardware will stay the same for a while and only the software might change.
    Do you have any idea what is causing the light issue at the bottom of the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Did you have the original black box? Or the yellow one with 1.0.2 preinstalled?
    black box and had to update
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    You have 30 days to return the phone from what I remember they told me at the Sprint store. I love my Pre, but it has one weird bubble in the screen, the screen is slightly wobbly, and the battery door creaks.

Anyone else thinking about exchanging theirs at the last possible moment? Hopefully some problems will be fixed by then
    I would if something would go wrong with it!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    well, the 30 days thing is more about the return/exchange policy with sprint, and you can exchange the phone with no real issue. I would imagine if you have a real issue, it should be exchangeable for much longer because the phone does have a warranty. (I think it's a 1 year warranty, not 100% on that though)
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    well, the 30 days thing is more about the return/exchange policy with sprint, and you can exchange the phone with no real issue. I would imagine if you have a real issue, it should be exchangeable for much longer because the phone does have a warranty. (I think it's a 1 year warranty, not 100% on that though)
    From what I've been told by Sprint, if you exchange AFTER the 30 days, you will be required to pay your insurance deductible (if you have insurance) and will be provided a REFURBISHED Pre. If you don't have insurance, you must pay full retail. My best friend was tech support for Sprint, now working in a store in Texas. So shoot him, not me...want the address???
    That is not true every sprint phone comes with a 1 year warranty and it is replaced for free, the only time it is not covered if you break the screen or something like that.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    That is not true every sprint phone comes with a 1 year warranty and it is replaced for free, the only time it is not covered if you break the screen or something like that.
    LOL...on day 45...go exchange your Pre. Let us know what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    Anyone else thinking about exchanging theirs at the last possible moment? Hopefully some problems will be fixed by then
    My wife is, we'll probably be switching to At&t to get iPhone's.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox19 View Post
    My wife is, we'll probably be switching to At&t to get iPhone's.
    Good luck Fox.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    If the bubble could be seen as "physical abuse", then a claim through Asurion might be required (along with $100 deductible). Otherwise, if the phone is defective, then you should be able to exchange it.

Sprint does honor the manufacturer warranty (not physical damage or liquid damage) which is one year where they will repair or replace the phone.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast