View Poll Results: Should you exchange, [Because] ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes exchange because of dead pixels

8 50.00%
  • Don't exchange, accept the dead pixels

6 37.50%
  • Yes exchange because of Screen Scratches

0 0%
  • Don't exchange, accept the Screen Scratches

1 6.25%
  • Yes exchange because of Wireless issues

0 0%
  • Don't exchange, accept the Wireless issues

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Is it possible that it s a problem with the battery instead of the phone? I was thinking about getting a Seido 1350 extended battery if I do keep my phone instead of trying to get them to replace it. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem and had it turn out to be a problem with the battery instead of the phone?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    It was in a yellow box - warranty date is 6/6/09. Everything works great on it so far other than the battery not lasting quite as long as I would like. But coming from a long line of HTC phones I am still impressed by the battery life on mine - just hoping for a little better life out of the battery considering the way my wife's one is (as well as some other posts I've seen)
    Have them switch out the battery. I am sure they are even more willing to just give you a new battery instead of a whole new phone. If that doesn't do it, then you might want to try getting another Pre.
    when she is sleeping, you should swap your battery with hers
    Quote Originally Posted by yoster82 View Post
    There's an idea! See if that fixes the problem!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem as you. My sister bought a pre as well on the same day, but she uses her phone all day long, and her battery lasts much longer than mine.

Perhaps I will try swapping the batteries as well, just to see what happens.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    haha! there ya go! I'd try it lol

Manny, nice Camaro! I assume you threw on an SS hood by your name. I drive a 00 Z.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yeah I asked her to swap batteries with me so I could test that and she said no way - guess I will have to wait until she goes to sleep tonight...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    You made my day.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfol View Post
    Yeah I asked her to swap batteries with me so I could test that and she said no way - guess I will have to wait until she goes to sleep tonight...
    haha, thats awesome!

I may stop buy sprint later and see about swapping batteries.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am going to swap batteries tonight with the one that I know is working good in my wife's phone and test it tomorrow. I should be able to tell by lunch time if it's the battery or not - I will post back with the results then. If it is the battery I will go to Sprint tomorrow and get a new one.
    Thanks
    I am going to swap batteries tonight with the one that I know is working good in my wife's phone and test it tomorrow. I should be able to tell by lunch time if it's the battery or not - I will post back with the results then. If it is the battery I will go to Sprint tomorrow and get a new one.
    Thanks
    Battery life is hugely dependent on signal. Do you work in the same place? If not, you might just have a less consistent or weaker signal than her while you're at work- which would lead to worse battery life.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I thought about that at first, but I have checked my signal throughout the day and it stays right around 1-2 bars, sometimes jumping to 3-4 momentarily. I have tested the signal with both phones while she was at my job and with both phones at her job and they are getting the same signal at both places. I also thought that there may be a problem with the gmail but I have tried deleting my gmail account and gmail chat on the phone and doing a partial reset and a full reset and its still draining faster. And I have my bluetooth and gps off, while hers stays on
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    My slider is a bit loose and wobbly. I was thinking of waiting a few weeks to exchange, but my name came up on waiting list #2. Should I take advantage, trading now. Or should I wait? Any opinions.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i have very minimal wobble, and it bothers me mostly because i paid $200 for a phone and i don't believe it should wobble so i've considered exchanging it, but i do know that if i did and i ended up with more wobble, a splotchy screen, or dead pixels i'd want my old Pre back so i'll probably just deal with it.
    about 92 % of them are like that.the other 8% are not broken in yet.just left the sprint store.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    So I swapped out our batteries early this morning before my wife woke up
    My phone is at 80% right now, and I have talked on it for about 20-30 minutes total today so far and sent/received about 10 texts. I have 1 gmail account set to receive as items arrive. I have been working inside an office today for about 3 hours and noticed that when I came out and started to call someone that I was roaming. I wonder if this would cause the battery to drain so much. It is still better than it was on the other battery though.
    On another note - hers is at 96% right now....
    I do go into different busineses throughout the day while working on different computers at different clients - would the lower signal kill the battery that much?
    Okay, I'm not one to bash Palm for "poor build quality" or any such thing. In fact, I pretty much qualify as a Pre fanboi at this point. But, I really do wonder if there aren't some hardware differences between phones that are causing such serious differences in battery life (and, I'm sensing, in overall performance).

There really do seem to be two camps: one is like jfol's wife, whose phone gets MUCH better battery life, and jfol's (and mine, and others) that seems to get MUCH worse life. And it just doesn't seem to correlate with coverage, because mine's been good enough consistently enough that it should account for such a big difference.

So, my question is: is it possible or even likely that there could be bad hardware causing this? Or, would that bad hardware manifest itself in too many other ways to be missed? Very theoretical, I know, but still: this really bugs me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    So I swapped out our batteries early this morning before my wife woke up
    My phone is at 80% right now, and I have talked on it for about 20-30 minutes total today so far and sent/received about 10 texts. I have 1 gmail account set to receive as items arrive. I have been working inside an office today for about 3 hours and noticed that when I came out and started to call someone that I was roaming. I wonder if this would cause the battery to drain so much. It is still better than it was on the other battery though.
    On another note - hers is at 96% right now....
    I do go into different busineses throughout the day while working on different computers at different clients - would the lower signal kill the battery that much?

How about you and her switching the phone for half a day or 1 day?
    If someone exchange there Pre before the 30 days would that count towards the TEP? And be an issue in the future?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast