1.    #1  
    Well, I already went back to sprint once to get a replacement pre. My first one had a stuck pixel. I just got the new one yesterday, and now i realize that one side of the screen does not sit all the way flat on the bottom half of the phone when the phone is closed. It is enough to bother me, as i know it should be sitting flat and there should not be a space. When it is in the little cloth pouch that came with it, and i grab it i can feel it "snap" shut, like a tab or something was sitting on top of something and then the pressure of my fingers pushed it back down to where its supposed to be.

i know its not that big of a problem, but i feel like this can cause some instability in the phone later down the road, and i also think that since i waited in line all night, and paid $300 for the phone, i should get one thats perfect and does not have any flaws. What do you guys think? Am i just being paranoid?
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    Well, I already went back to sprint once to get a replacement pre. My first one had a stuck pixel. I just got the new one yesterday, and now i realize that one side of the screen does not sit all the way flat on the bottom half of the phone when the phone is closed. It is enough to bother me, as i know it should be sitting flat and there should not be a space. When it is in the little cloth pouch that came with it, and i grab it i can feel it "snap" shut, like a tab or something was sitting on top of something and then the pressure of my fingers pushed it back down to where its supposed to be.

i know its not that big of a problem, but i feel like this can cause some instability in the phone later down the road, and i also think that since i waited in line all night, and paid $300 for the phone, i should get one thats perfect and does not have any flaws. What do you guys think? Am i just being paranoid?
    If you have doubts at all, take it back. Maybe this will show Palm that they need to get manufacturing processes right! I got luckily and my replacement Pre is great
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I plan on getting a replacement Pre, but I'm waiting for about 3 weeks so any newly updated phones have trickled into the stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post

I would wait till you are close to the 30 days return window. I am sure with all the problems with the inital batches, they are fixing the issues and are now taking additonal steps for quality control. It has only been two weeks since the launch and I am sure there are still bad Pre's shipping out to stores! You may get a really bad Pre (cracked screen) and have to return it again ( Dfine1966's - is probably on his 10th Pre by now). Good luck!