Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I know you can save pictures people send you, but is there a way to save the video clips that I'm just missing?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    bump
    Good question
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    misread the question, ignore my response
    anyone have an answer to this?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yes, but only from the root file on the Pre. Once connected go into your attachments folder, then into the MMS folder. You need to search each file to see whats in it.

Once you find the file, you can copy or move the file into the main root directory for it to show up in your videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp74 View Post
    Yes, but only from the root file on the Pre. Once connected go into your attachments folder, then into the MMS folder. You need to search each file to see whats in it.

Once you find the file, you can copy or move the file into the main root directory for it to show up in your videos.
    nice man.. I wish it was easier lol.. But thanks a lot for the info
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    The Pre actually supports receiving videos via MMS? I didn't know this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    Yupper.. Shows up within the text area the same way pictures do, when clicked it opens the same way youtube vids open
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    Yeah, but like many of the other basic things missing, you can't actually save them from a message like pictures, or record videos even though it is CAPABLE of doing it. Same for audio files and voice memos. You can receive them, but not save or make them. It's the missing things like this that seem to be being brushed aside by Palm in favor of less wanted updates that are really starting to annoy me. Even if they eventually add the functionality that should have been there from the start, I'll only have the phone for a year, maybe 2. I shouldn't have to spend a large portion of the phone's lifespan without basic functions. It being a new phone and OS isn't an excuse. For advanced features sure, but basic ones, no. Almost 2 months into it, and still no updates or apps worth a damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Yeah, but like many of the other basic things missing, you can't actually save them from a message like pictures, or record videos even though it is CAPABLE of doing it. Same for audio files and voice memos. You can receive them, but not save or make them. It's the missing things like this that seem to be being brushed aside by Palm in favor of less wanted updates that are really starting to annoy me. Even if they eventually add the functionality that should have been there from the start, I'll only have the phone for a year, maybe 2. I shouldn't have to spend a large portion of the phone's lifespan without basic functions. It being a new phone and OS isn't an excuse. For advanced features sure, but basic ones, no. Almost 2 months into it, and still no updates or apps worth a damn.
    What????

OMG! There have been exactly two substantiated updates. both of which have been bug fixes. I think you would be a little hard pressed to convince a rational person that new features are a higher priority than bug fixes. So far your assertion that Palm has swept anything aside is unsubstantiated.

Now, if you are referring to the rumored and as yet unreleased (and hence unsubstantiated) 1.1 release... Well, no rational person would form a conclusion based upon anything unsubstantiated. Hence, your "conclusions" (I use the word very loosely) are unfounded.

Let's just wait a bit and see what Palm does before accusing them of ignoring the shortcomings of their product. Had Palm not released a single update and we were all still on 1.0.1. then maybe I would given your statements more respect.

BTW. You really need to define what you mean by "basic feature". The only really basic feature I can think of for a phone is that it makes calls. Instead, your post alludes to saying that the definition of "basic feature" is that it does everything that your last phone did. But that doesn't help anyone else because we didn't all have the same phone.

((I suppose I really need to learn more patience with the "instant gratification" and "entitlement" people.))
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    What????

OMG! There have been exactly two substantiated updates. both of which have been bug fixes. I think you would be a little hard pressed to convince a rational person that new features are a higher priority than bug fixes. So far your assertion that Palm has swept anything aside is unsubstantiated.

Now, if you are referring to the rumored and as yet unreleased (and hence unsubstantiated) 1.1 release... Well, no rational person would form a conclusion based upon anything unsubstantiated. Hence, your "conclusions" (I use the word very loosely) are unfounded.

Let's just wait a bit and see what Palm does before accusing them of ignoring the shortcomings of their product. Had Palm not released a single update and we were all still on 1.0.1. then maybe I would given your statements more respect.

BTW. You really need to define what you mean by "basic feature". The only really basic feature I can think of for a phone is that it makes calls. Instead, your post alludes to saying that the definition of "basic feature" is that it does everything that your last phone did. But that doesn't help anyone else because we didn't all have the same phone.

((I suppose I really need to learn more patience with the "instant gratification" and "entitlement" people.))
    Go away troll, not everybody is looking to fight on the internet.
    Relax guys!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's