Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I remember reading a long time ago (when the 600 was released) how Palm has algorithms around what key is really pushed on the keyboard when you accidentally hit more than one.

This really shines on the Pre. As I sloppily thumb around it knows exactly what I am trying to type.
    I have been very happy with the keyboard myself.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    i'm surprised myself how few mistakes i'm making on it.
    Maybe your just not as bad as you think
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Keyboard is pretty good. Slight learning curve but all is well.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    After a day I was used to the keyboard coming from a Treo 755p
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Algorithms? Man, I thought I was just awesome at typing on this keyboard.
    I LOVE the keyboard. Perfect size. Good for two hands, but still just the right size for one-handed typing as well.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhoepfin View Post
    I remember reading a long time ago (when the 600 was released) how Palm has algorithms around what key is really pushed on the keyboard when you accidentally hit more than one.

This really shines on the Pre. As I sloppily thumb around it knows exactly what I am trying to type.
    It really is so true. It shocks me how it just knows. I love that nothing pops up as I type to auto-correct or ask which key. I find that very distracting.
    The input process really is magic for me. I'd like a wee bit more room and larger keys but it is really more than working.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    After a day I was used to the keyboard coming from a Treo 755p
    I typed on that phone waiting in a Sprint store to talk to a rep. That was a very nice keyboard I thought and a familiar interface coming froma Palm TX user to boot.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I am coming from a BB Curve...the apparent "best keyboard for a smartphone" and I could type pretty well on it. That being said...I could type almost just as fast on the pre almost immediately.

Just tonight I went back to my BB to run a bandwidth test next to my Pre and for some reason (not sure if I am just used to the Pre keyboard now or what) but I kept hitting multiple keys at a time...got kinda frustrating! lol