1.    #1  
    synergy+universal search is awesome, email, call, IM, wiki, google all at fingertip

this PM I checked acuweather, looking at radar map, and chatting with friend about the bad weather at AIM, took a screenshot of the apps opened and uploaded it photobucket.

Its just amazing.

Multitasking and synergy+universal search...

Agreed!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Seconded!
    I have to join the gang here. Its impressive for a version 1.0 release. People that spend all their time putting the Pre down because in their eyes it doesn't compared to "xphone" or "yphone" (insert model here) are not mindful that for a version 1.0, there's plenty of polish here. And given time, the amount of apps will increase.

The core functionality is there and its executed in much better form than platforms that are much more mature (you come up with an example). The user experience is one of the best I've seen in a phone in a long time (and I've had just about every platform out there) Is the phone perfect? No, but again, in the context of a 1.0 release, its close to.

Palm just needs to tweak those little things and we're good. Truth be told, the release of MM last year was a clustermess and I was on that side then. So even the best, can screw up a little. and it seems many who are still on that side forget that there was plenty of functionality missing on their platform when first released.

Personally, I'm happy with the Pre even with some lost functionality for the moment. I'm loving the user experience. Now Palm, get more folks aboard and hand out that SDK, so the people that want to code can do it! I want my apps!!!! :-)

I'm really looking forward to what they have planned for the platform.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I think I saw that storm tonight.... are you in North Texas?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
    I think I saw that storm tonight.... are you in North Texas?
    not right now, I was checking out my friend's weather, I'm in Austin now.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    But the Pre doesn't have 50,000 apps, come on, Pre=Fail.

/s
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    But the Pre doesn't have 50,000 apps, come on, Pre=Fail.

/s
    I know you are being sarcastic but this actually brings up a good point that most iPhone users seem to miss. How many apps does the common iPhone user actually use? I mean, I have an iPod touch 32gb and I maybe use 2 apps on any kind of regular basis?

Maybe it is because I am not a hard-core iPhone gamer but every app I actually use has already been released on the Pre and it is just 5 days old!

Most iPhone users probably have around 3 - 4 pages of apps (included the bundled apps) so while the 50,000 numbers sounds big, it isn't everything it is cracked up to be.
    Last edited by alundre; 06/10/2009 at 09:44 PM.
    An impressive thing I discovered tonight- if you're streaming off the Internet through Pandora and switch from Wifi to EVDO or vice versa, the music doesn't skip a beat, it's entirely seamless.
    It keeps growing on me more and more....it has its early bugs and shortcomings, but for a 1.0 device, this thing rocks.

I also find myself clicking on the "update" icon several times a day, hoping that new wonderful things are just waiting to come.....
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i love my pre, compared it heavily to the android platform and iphone. without going into detail im very happy i made the choice to get the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    I also find myself clicking on the "update" icon several times a day, hoping that new wonderful things are just waiting to come.....
    I see I'm not the only one. I think I've been checking the App Catalog and the Updates program probably at least 3 times each per day, hoping to see something new.