Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I gotta tell ya, I've been anticipating the Pre for a long time, had to wait to get mine shipped out through corporate and just got it this afternoon.

It was every bit worth the wait.

I was rather nervous about my decision after reading posts on the forums and elsewhere these past few days, but after actually getting my hands on the thing and playing around with it for the past couple of hours, it's freakin' awesome. Period. Even better than I expected.

If it had a fruit logo on it everybody would have one. I'm so happy I resisted the temptation to join the cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I gotta tell ya, I've been anticipating the Pre for a long time, had to wait to get mine shipped out through corporate and just got it this afternoon.

It was every bit worth the wait.

I was rather nervous about my decision after reading posts on the forums and elsewhere these past few days, but after actually getting my hands on the thing and playing around with it for the past couple of hours, it's freakin' awesome. Period. Even better than I expected.

If it had a fruit logo on it everybody would have one. I'm so happy I resisted the temptation to join the cult.
    I'm happy I "resisted" both the iPhone AND the Pre. Saw a Pre on day one and was unimpressed--the hype was...well it was HYPE. The screen is too tiny and the fonts too small. There are LOTS of deal breakers on the Pre. Glad someone likes it. Someone always likes each product--but not everyone does. I'm one of those that doesn't like it.
    If your not a Pre owner and you have nothing constuctive to say about it then why are you even on here. Seeya!!!
    hmmmm, maybe cuz it's an OPEN FORUM, meaning open for anyone to express his/her opinions about the phone, positive or negative....
    Quote Originally Posted by sleemie View Post
    hmmmm, maybe cuz it's an OPEN FORUM, meaning open for anyone to express his/her opinions about the phone, positive or negative....
    But why Thread Crap?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    If your not a Pre owner and you have nothing constuctive to say about it then why are you even on here. Seeya!!!
    Actually, I AM being constructive! I'm telling it like it is. It's fine if you don't share my opinion, but you should respect my right to offer my opinion. I've been following the Pre with great interest for a long time, but upon seeing it, I see that the hype machine went overboard in lauded this phone with early accolades. There are MANY, MANY problems with the Pre--missing common functions (voice dialing!) absymal battery life, reboots, dead pixels, loose components, etc, etc. No need to shoot the messenger--the facts are what they are.
    yo bud you oughta leave

signed,
    your dad
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    The screen is great in my opinion, and as for the keyboard, well, I'm typing this with no problems what-so-ever!

I'm loving this phone/device/computer too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I'm happy I "resisted" both the iPhone AND the Pre. Saw a Pre on day one and was unimpressed--the hype was...well it was HYPE. The screen is too tiny and the fonts too small. There are LOTS of deal breakers on the Pre. Glad someone likes it. Someone always likes each product--but not everyone does. I'm one of those that doesn't like it.
    The screen is a tad on the small side but I think if it was any bigger, it would've compromised the form factor too much. It feels JUST right in one's hand. Font's are too bad but then again, I have decent eyesight and am under 20(no offense intended)
    Lets just say im glad to finally own a palm that im not worried every time I access it might reset. The phone seems completely solid and I consider myself quite the power user. The battery life is pretty good compared to my 755. I love the fact that I can add my 3 exchange accounts with out compromising all three address books and calendars.

I also have been waiting for this phone for quite some time and am quite glad that I waited.
    Actually, I AM being constructive! I'm telling it like it is. It's fine if you don't share my opinion, but you should respect my right to offer my opinion. I've been following the Pre with great interest for a long time, but upon seeing it, I see that the hype machine went overboard in lauded this phone with early accolades. There are MANY, MANY problems with the Pre--missing common functions (voice dialing!) absymal battery life, reboots, dead pixels, loose components, etc, etc. No need to shoot the messenger--the facts are what they are.
    Please tell me one device with an lcd screen that doesn't have a "dead pixel issue"
    iTrolls are so easy to spot.
    No not constructive coming from a person that has only read about the problems coming from a very small percentage of poeple who actually OWN the phone. I don't have any of those issues, and I don't have a need for voice dialing. I have been a palm owner for over 6 years and I believe that after actually owning the device that it has lived up to all the hype thats been said about it.

It's like me giving a opinion or review about a ferrari. Do I feel right giving my opinion to people that might own the car and know from personal experience after not actually owning one? No.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I work for a local community television station and our $50,000 Sony cameras have dead pixels.
    But your opinion is based on others and not from your own experience so your opinion means SQUAT.

Personally I too love this phone, even with its quirks, and it will only get better.
    There are MANY, MANY problems with the Pre--missing common functions (voice dialing!)
    Common? That's pretty a pretty ticky-tack feature imho.

absymal battery life,
    I've had zero problems with the battery life. 12+ hours days, never been below 15%.

reboots, dead pixels,
    Glitches are not the same as product limitations. Most people do not have these problems. As for dead pixels, they are an inherent risk to ALL LCD products. Even the sacred iPhone. Singling out the Pre for that is silly.

loose components, etc, etc.
    Mine is fine. Tiny bit of give which is unavoidable with a slider design but to call it "loose" is entirely disingenuous. I think you're just spreading what you read, not what you know.

No need to shoot the messenger--the facts are what they are.
    But how you interpret them is subject to opinion.

Sorry the Pre didn't work out for you. Maybe if you ever actually, you know, USED one you could provide a qualified opinion.
    Last edited by northside; 06/10/2009 at 09:33 PM.
    I don't recall anyone asking HOW they could repeatedly spread negative opinions. They asked WHY.
  18.    #18  
    Yeah, I've always found it curious why people who aren't interested in a product feel the need to actually join a forum for that product and follow threads so they can post a negative opinion about something they don't even own. I own a Toyota Tundra and there are constantly guys showing up in the forums talking about how their Chevy or Dodge is so much better.

If you think it's overhyped based on fooling around with it in a store, then exercise your constitutional right not to buy one. But why come in here trying to rain on my parade?? That's just lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I own a Toyota Tundra and there are constantly guys showing up in the forums talking about how their Chevy or Dodge is so much better.
    Chevy or Dodge? Good lord no... Now Ford on the other hand.
    Gotta admit also, the Pre is very very elegant. the fluidity and natural feeling of the UI experience is amazing. They did a great job. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is great also, but it just seems so big and clunky compared to the pre
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast