Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    If you go into an iPhone forum and bash it for the sake of bashing it, with little cognitive effort? Yes. Yes it does.
    Your posts of late show precious little in the way of cognitive effort. You simply bash anyone who is critical of the pre for the sake of bashing them, while childishly calling them "plants" or "trolls" or some such overly defensive, simpleminded tripe. Now explain to me how that displays substantial "cognitive" effort? How, pray tell, is YOUR behavior right here any different from someone who is bashing the pre for the sake of bashing it?

I'm sensing control freak here among other complexes....
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/10/2009 at 11:54 PM.
    I waited a long time for this phone and I couldn't be happier that I did. So far I have had no problems with it, aside from it pulling in mail even when I had it on manual, but I think that problem has been solved by another poster. I'm completely impressed with everything about it, functionality, design, and everything else. People need to realize that with every new product, there will be bugs and issues to work out, those things don't make it worthless! Palm's got a great phone here and I can't wait to see where it takes us.
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    Chevy or Dodge? Good lord no... Now Ford on the other hand.
    Yep, I'll never buy another GM or Chrysler vehicle. The only truly American automaker left is Ford, and I don't mean because Chrysler's now owned by Fiat. Off topic, I know, any my apologies.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Curiosity, what lead you to believe the statement was geared toward you? Isn't that just playing to their lead?
    Well only the fact that these individuals are regularly attacking my posts with claims that I am either a " plant" or a "troll".
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Well only the fact that these individuals are regularly attacking my posts with claims that I am either a " plant" or a "troll".
    I must also be a troll or plant because I decided not to buy a Pre, after seeing one in person. The hype sold a lot of Pre's but I suspect a lot of them will be returned within the first 30 days.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I must also be a troll or plant because I decided not to buy a Pre, after seeing one in person. The hype sold a lot of Pre's but I suspect a lot of them will be returned within the first 30 days.
    I strongly disagree. My friend that owns an iPhone 3G is already talking about switching to the Pre....not due to hype, due to pure functionality that does not exist on the iPhone (multitasking baby, multitasking).

It sold him when I was playing Pandora and sent him an email, then sent him a text right after....ask an iPhone user if they can do THAT! (that's not a bash....just straight fact)
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    I strongly disagree. My friend that owns an iPhone 3G is already talking about switching to the Pre....not due to hype, due to pure functionality that does not exist on the iPhone (multitasking baby, multitasking).

It sold him when I was playing Pandora and sent him an email, then sent him a text right after....ask an iPhone user if they can do THAT! (that's not a bash....just straight fact)
    Judging from the reviews AFTER the release, and comments from early adopters, I have no reason to think a lot of Pre's won't be returned within the first 30 days, just like the Storms were. Too many people (IMO) bought on hype rather than being rational about their purchase and actually LOOKING AT THE PRE before purchase. There will plenty with buyer's regret--it's inevitable with such a highly hyped item.

Take a gander at some forum's threads with comments by customers who have exchanged their Pre TWO or THREE TIMES, already! It's unlikely that after trying 3 or 4 phones, they are going to be any happier than they were with copy number one. For every person posting, there would be thousands having the same issue that NEVER post on forums.
    Take your little toy, fanboy, and run along. Ignorance is truly bliss. Go forth in your pursuit......
    How can you really expect anyone to take your opinions or those of any other poster seriously if you've NEVER OWNED THE PRE?

Sure, you can look at in the store and you can check out your buddies a little. That and reading about what other people post here hardly makes you a subject matter expert. I'm not saying you don't have valid points about the issues but you should qualify your opinions as being formed with very limited experience with the device.

Having full access to the device day in and day out for an extended period of time makes you much more qualified to make a determination if the positives out way the negatives on a case by case basis. This experience hardly makes you a 'fan boy'. For me, the device is FAR from perfect but the UI and the Synergy functions just make any other device and or OS seem clunky and dated by comparison.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    Do not feed the troll.
    What he said.
    Take your little toy, fanboy, and run along. Ignorance is truly bliss. Go forth in your pursuit......
    Well at least you have ONE FAN iPhoneOverPre

I call BS, member iPhoneOverPre must be your alter ego or sidekick treobk214!!! Apparently their only purpose on this forum since joining Today is to follow behind you and thank all your posts....Seriously 53 thanks and all to your posts that are bashing the Pre... No posts...just thanking treobk214 for bashing the Pre. FAIL!!!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    How can you really expect anyone to take your opinions or those of any other poster seriously if you've NEVER OWNED THE PRE?

Sure, you can look at in the store and you can check out your buddies a little. That and reading about what other people post here hardly makes you a subject matter expert. I'm not saying you don't have valid points about the issues but you should qualify your opinions as being formed with very limited experience with the device.

Having full access to the device day in and day out for an extended period of time makes you much more qualified to make a determination if the positives out way the negatives on a case by case basis. This experience hardly makes you a 'fan boy'. For me, the device is FAR from perfect but the UI and the Synergy functions just make any other device and or OS seem clunky and dated by comparison.
    There is no need to OWN a Pre to know one doesn't want one. Take me, for example--I was willing to give the Pre a chance, but upon seeing it in person (as did my wife), we were both taken aback by it's tiny screen and fonts. Not to mention lack of voice dialing, which is really, really lame. Also, I've read all the pros and cons--no need to OWN it, to know it isn't for me. Think a little before you make such silly comments such as one must own something in order to have an opinion on it. I don't need to jump off a bridge to know it wouldn't be a brilliant thing to do.
    There is no need to OWN a Pre to know one doesn't want one. Take me, for example--I was willing to give the Pre a chance, but upon seeing it in person (as did my wife), we were both taken aback by it's tiny screen and fonts. Not to mention lack of voice dialing, which is really, really lame. Also, I've read all the pros and cons--no need to OWN it, to know it isn't for me. Think a little before you make such silly comments such as one must own something in order to have an opinion on it. I don't need to jump off a bridge to know it wouldn't be a brilliant thing to do.
    No you don't need to own the Pre to make a comment about the very little time that you were in contact with it. Read all you want about what OTHER people are saying and you can make up your own mind. It just burns me up to see some people not necessarily you spouting off nothing but negative comments about a device that they were able to spend all of 10 minutes with. No doubt it's not perfect but I think there are some forum members who really gave the Pre a workout (Gekko) and wrote a well thought out review and reason for switching back. Some people (treobk214 for example) is just bashing everything about the phone in any thread he can find without ever spending more than a few minutes looking at the phone. Come on.

Spend more than a few minutes with the device. Try to integrate Synergy into your digital life for a few days. Then come back and see if you can't at least find a few good things to say about the Pre. Seems logical to me.
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I can't believe I just wasted my time reading 4 pages of tit-for-tat arguments.

Let it go, people. You will never see eye-to-eye.
    Yeah there's no need to own a Pre to know one doesn't want one, but you should probably be an owner if you are going write post after post bashing it. You spent 10 minutes with the Pre yet have written about 10 days worth of negative stuff. Can't wait to see what you write next.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm loving it. And I agree, if it had a fruit on it, they'd be crazy for it.

Great freakin' phone. And I'm understanding that it's a 1st generation. Makes me feel proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I gotta tell ya, I've been anticipating the Pre for a long time, had to wait to get mine shipped out through corporate and just got it this afternoon.

It was every bit worth the wait.

I was rather nervous about my decision after reading posts on the forums and elsewhere these past few days, but after actually getting my hands on the thing and playing around with it for the past couple of hours, it's freakin' awesome. Period. Even better than I expected.

If it had a fruit logo on it everybody would have one. I'm so happy I resisted the temptation to join the cult.
    Awesome. It's great to (also) hear from folks who are so happy with their Pre's. Congrats on finally receiving yours!

Also, welcome to the forums.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    A few of you posters are beginning to test my nerves for tolerance towards content. I enjoy reading meaningful articles, but without the editorials and personal snubs.
    I'm a true blue Palm supporter going back to my T600 days in 2003. Today my 755P is the best Treo yet, in my opinion. If, or when, Verizon gets the PRE then I'll take a long look at upgrading. And, yes I've had problems with my Palm phones over the years. But, I continue to support Palm and will remain loyal as long as they support me by offering high quality products.
    So talk about product pros and cons people, but please leave your egos at the door.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Also, welcome to the forums.
    Thanks, there's a lot of good info here.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    So for those of you who don't like the Pre (regardless of the reason) and continue to post your opinions of it in this forum, how long are you going to continue to do so? Many of you seem to be hiding under the umbrella of, "well I'm just trying to help others by providing a differing viewpoint of the Pre." At what point do the comments cease to become "helpful", and instead become trolling?

Maybe what we need is a dedicated forum topic called "reviews", where anyone and everyone who has owned or spent time with a Pre can give their full review, and describe in exhaustive detail why they either like or don't like the device. That, I think, would be helpful to people considering purchasing the device.

However, continuing to post negative stuff in threads being used by people who own and like the device (enthusiasts) is not normal. In fact, it's weird. Who's with me?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff80 View Post
    I am just totally blown away by this phone because everything is new to me. Even using the keyboard for the first time was exciting. This is only my 3rd phone and my past two phones were sanyo flips. The pre works great and i have no issues with it. I have been following precentral for months and now i have decided to register because i wanted to share my experience from someone who has never owned a smartphone prior to the pre. I look forward to contributing to the forum.
    I'm sorta in the same boat. I am picking up my Pre today at the local store -- the guy at the store "found" one for me and had it shipped to the store from his friend at another store in "Philly."

I hope I enjoy it as much as you do ... otherwise I will be returning it and making the switch over to the iPhone.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast