Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    If you bash iphone, does that mean you are insecure about yourself?
    If you go into an iPhone forum and bash it for the sake of bashing it, with little cognitive effort? Yes. Yes it does.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    One has to simply review your posts to find a plethora of meaningless drivel.... please.
    Oh why because the majority of my posts are actually helpful? I know right "New Concept ALERT". I don't make what you might think are whitty snide little comments because I have nothing better to say. Your just pathetic.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I'm happy I "resisted" both the iPhone AND the Pre. Saw a Pre on day one and was unimpressed--the hype was...well it was HYPE. The screen is too tiny and the fonts too small. There are LOTS of deal breakers on the Pre. Glad someone likes it. Someone always likes each product--but not everyone does. I'm one of those that doesn't like it.
    And you contributed to this how?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    You're the only person I've ever accused of being a plant, and the only person I constantly pick on, because you constantly drop into threads, make "I agree" comments to any negative post or creating negative threads based on whatever latest negative comment you just read somewhere else and presenting it as original thought. I mean even by "Pre basher" standards, you're consistently sub-par.

    You have no idea what a plant is if you think I'm a plant. In fact, your claim is utterly moronic.
    I share the same views as many other treo owners here who disapprove of the pre.

    Let me ask you something. Who exactly do you think you are? Are YOU a palm plant? Are you some defensive fanboy who can't bear to hear negative feedback about their SUBPAR toy phone?

    What is subpar is your ability to deal with criticism. You are extremely insecure about your new phone which is why you are lashing out at me. If you were so quietly confident and sure of yourself, why would you feel its necessary to attack my posts?

    Apparently I am hitting a nerve with you, because you seem to constantly search out my responses here.

    Do you think you OWN this site or something? This is an open forum. People are absolutely free to express their opinions - good or bad - about palm's phones.

    You seem to have a serious problem in being able to cope with negative criticism towards something you refuse to consider to be flawed. Look at many of your "posts" or should I say, attacks on OTHER posters here. You are clearly insecure and are therefore lashing out.

    It is YOU who have the problems here. Seek some help.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Oh why because the majority of my posts are actually helpful? I know right "New Concept ALERT". I don't make what you might think are whitty snide little comments because I have nothing better to say. Your just pathetic.
    Its you're, not your.

    Your attitude toward anyone who doesn't find the pre as god's gift is pathetic. In fact, infantile. If a poster doesn't like your toy phone, you attack them. You claim they have nothing helpful to offer. You attack their integrity. THAT is pathetic. You live in this perpetual palm fanboy denial world in which any form of critical responses are viewed as a threat.

    Insecurity is such a weakness, and its rearing its ugly head through your posts here.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    You have no idea what a plant is if you think I'm a plant. In fact, your claim is utterly moronic.
    I share the same views as many other treo owners here who disapprove of the pre.

    Let me ask you something. Who exactly do you think you are? Are YOU a palm plant? Are you some defensive fanboy who can't bear to hear negative feedback about their SUBPAR toy phone?

    What is subpar is your ability to deal with criticism. You are extremely insecure about your new phone which is why you are lashing out at me. If you were so quietly confident and sure of yourself, why would you feel its necessary to attack my posts?

    Apparently I am hitting a nerve with you, because you seem to constantly search out my responses here.

    Do you think you OWN this site or something? This is an open forum. People are absolutely free to express their opinions - good or bad - about palm's phones.

    You seem to have a serious problem in being able to cope with negative criticism towards something you refuse to consider to be flawed. Look at many of your "posts" or should I say, attacks on OTHER posters here. You are clearly insecure and are therefore lashing out.

    It is YOU who have the problems here. Seek some help.
    See right there, that's the point your not giving your opinions. You are taking other peoples opinions and ripping them apart just for the hell of it. That's all your posts seem to be. Im not saying you should stop because obviously you said it it is an Open forum. But I use an open forum to answer questions or find out other peoples actual opinions about products. I don't come here to make snide comments and tear people down for actually giving their own opinions on something they actually have owned and used.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    Please tell me one device with an lcd screen that doesn't have a "dead pixel issue"
    I've got tons of electronics with LCD screens and NONE of them have had a dead pixel. Repeat after me, N-O-N-E of them. Several Touchs, iPod Nanos (2), several digicams, digital camcorder, numerous cell phones, 2 LCD computer monitors, 2 netbooks, 2 notebooks, ad nauseum. None of them have ever had a dead pixel. I'm picky, so I'd be the first to notice a dead pixel--I can see very clearly close up, when I wear one of the many glasses I've got, from 1.25 diopter in 1/4 diopter increments, up to 2.50.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Its you're, not your.

    Your attitude toward anyone who doesn't find the pre as god's gift is pathetic. In fact, infantile. If a poster doesn't like your toy phone, you attack them. You claim they have nothing helpful to offer. You attack their integrity. THAT is pathetic. You live in this perpetual palm fanboy denial world in which any form of critical responses are viewed as a threat.

    Insecurity is such a weakness, and its rearing its ugly head through your posts here.
    I've never attacked anyone for giving something constructive. I however dislike people that come and bash a product in a thread trying to be possitive about something with out actually owning the product. I love the phone for no other reason than it actually works and does as advertised. The phone is no way sub par. You are just a general hater trying to **** people off.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    And you contributed to this how?
    An opposing opinion is actually a contribution--it puts things in perspective. The Pre, like the iPhone 1.0, is not a perfect phone. The second gen iPhone also isn't perfect. The 3rd version won't be perfect either. Accept it. Getting all bent out of shape when someone brings up the facts simply shows immaturity and insecurity (I believe someone else already mentioned that, but it does bear repeating). Chill.
  10. #50  
    i heart my pre so much that i'm paying for the insurance on it.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Nah. Insecurity is rampant when hundreds of pre users report rampant problems left and right.

    An open forum is ... well... OPEN. One is free to roam. Has nothing to do with whether one is secure or not. The giggle psychobabble is very funny.

    If you bash iphone, does that mean you are insecure about yourself?
    Not only did I NOT bash the iPhone, but I'm not in an iPhone forum telling people who love their iPhone why they shouldn't. Because that's... well... lame, childish, and smacks of insecurity.

    And, um, I don't really care how iPhone users feel about their phones.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    See right there, that's the point your not giving your opinions. You are taking other peoples opinions and ripping them apart just for the hell of it. That's all your posts seem to be. Im not saying you should stop because obviously you said it it is an Open forum. But I use an open forum to answer questions or find out other peoples actual opinions about products. I don't come here to make snide comments and tear people down for actually giving their own opinions on something they actually have owned and used.
    I HAVE given my own opinions on the pre after giving it a look on my own. How was it received? You attacked because I gave a negative critique.

    When I read other's evaluations who arrived at the same disapproval I had, I voice my alignment with that view, just as YOU reiterate your agreement with other pre owners who also claim to be thrilled with it.

    What's the difference? Look, this forum is open. There's also this thing called freedom of speech that I read about somewhere.

    The snide comments are coming from YOU guys. I could say your posts are simply palm cheerleading and lacking anything in the way of substance as well. . You folks are starting these p@ssing matches, not me.

    If you are that content with your purchase, that's your perogative. Go with it. But don't try to strong arm others into adopting your point of view simply because you think everyone should be in love with this thing. Its never going to happen.

    You are no different than the iphone fanboys who you so clearly detest. You simply shout and scream from the palm bleachers.

    This is utterly laughable.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I've never attacked anyone for giving something constructive. I however dislike people that come and bash a product in a thread trying to be possitive about something with out actually owning the product. I love the phone for no other reason than it actually works and does as advertised. The phone is no way sub par. You are just a general hater trying to **** people off.
    Total nonsense. The fact is you simply call me a hater because I don't like your phone and you are p*ssed off that I am criticizing it on more than one occasion.

    I simply call it like I see it. If I like a feature of a phone, i'll say so. If there's something I don't like about it, I make a point expressing that as well.

    You folks seem to be assuming this curious air of entitlement in thinking you can post whatever you want here in this forum, but others are not subject to the same freedom of speech?

    Hey, if I'm going to sign a 2 yr contract with a phone, I better be damn certain its going to function the way I need it to.

    If you feel my responses are inaccurate with your experiences on your phone, then simply acknowledge and move on.

    I am simply ONE poster among the thousands who contribute here. Just move on to the next post. Don't bother responding to me if you disagree. Its a very simple solution.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Not only did I NOT bash the iPhone, but I'm not in an iPhone forum telling people who love their iPhone why they shouldn't. Because that's... well... lame, childish, and smacks of insecurity.

    And, um, I don't really care how iPhone users feel about their phones.
    Again, total nonsense. I was a treocentral member since day one. That means I have been using many, many palm phones in case you don't connect the dots there.

    Precentral is hooked into treocentral, therefore I roam around here just as I have other forums, which I am free to do. Its like reading a newspaper.

    So let's see. Treo owners shouldn't peruse precentral because they don't own a pre? lol. Should one avoid the sports section simply because they don't play sports? I mean seriously. That type of reasoning is completely and utterly stupid, and your attempt to paint it as insecurity is truly ridiculous.

    The insecurity is all yours, as it is your favorite phone being criticized. An individual who was legitimately secure and confident in his investment wouldn't react so passionately towards another individual's criticism of it. They would simply calmly disagree.

    You do not appear to be such an individual, as you are attacking my posts. Its pretty cut and dry.
  15. #55  
    Do not feed the troll.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    Do not feed the troll.

    Once again, any negative contributions are invariably interpreted as trolling, apple planting or fanboyism.

    Ya gotta love phone forums. I view you folks as trolls. It works both ways!
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    An opposing opinion is actually a contribution--it puts things in perspective. The Pre, like the iPhone 1.0, is not a perfect phone. The second gen iPhone also isn't perfect. The 3rd version won't be perfect either. Accept it. Getting all bent out of shape when someone brings up the facts simply shows immaturity and insecurity (I believe someone else already mentioned that, but it does bear repeating). Chill.
    Yeah, but um, if there are already a number of threads on this very forum - that you can click on just as easily as this one - where people are posting problems, issues and limitations of the phone, why do you feel the need to come into a thread where someone is sharing their positive experience and provide your "perspective"? Of a phone you don't even own?? Do you not think there's enough "perspective" in the rest of the threads on the site? Are you the official "perspective" guy, going from thread to thread clearing things up for the ignorant, unwashed masses?

    I'm not in an iPhone or Treo forum trying to tell people I made a better choice, I have a better phone, I'm smarter and I'm prettier. I'm not a Palm "fanboy". I'm a guy in a Pre forum simply sharing my positive experience with my new phone. What are YOU doing?

    That's rhetorical.

    I just saw a life run past my window. You should try to catch it.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    Do not feed the troll.
    My bad. Rookie mistake.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Yeah, but um, if there are already a number of threads on this very forum - that you can click on just as easily as this one - where people are posting problems, issues and limitations of the phone, why do you feel the need to come into a thread where someone is sharing their positive experience and provide your "perspective"? Of a phone you don't even own?? Do you not think there's enough "perspective" in the rest of the threads on the site? Are you the official "perspective" guy, going from thread to thread clearing things up for the ignorant, unwashed masses?

    I'm not in an iPhone or Treo forum trying to tell people I made a better choice, I have a better phone, I'm smarter and I'm prettier. I'm not a Palm "fanboy". I'm a guy in a Pre forum simply sharing my positive experience with my new phone. What are YOU doing?

    That's rhetorical.

    I just saw a life run past my window. You should try to catch it.

    How could you have seen life run past your window if your nose is buried in your pre?

    Uh... that's a rhetorical....
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Once again, any negative contributions are invariably interpreted as trolling, apple planting or fanboyism.

    Ya gotta love phone forums. I view you folks as trolls. It works both ways!
    Curiosity, what lead you to believe the statement was geared toward you? Isn't that just playing to their lead?
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions