Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I, too, was a little scared as I read what others said. BUT I got my Pre yesterday & love it! I love the size. The slider is great. I like the texture of the keyboard better than my Treo 700P. The screen is great. I have put on my music & my photos. My reception has been great & speed has been fantastic.

Things I have had trouble with: 1) Hitting the upper left corner drop down menu--for some reason, it takes me 2 or 3 tries to hit it. 2) I have thus far been unsuccessful downloading a DVD, but I expect my nephew can help me w/that. 3) I definitely want more memory. Looks like I should take off some of my music/photos to ensure I have ample space.

Thus far, I am very happy & have had at least 5 people asking to see the phone.

Cheers
    You guys do realize this forum is Treocentral as well as Precentral, right? Folks could be signed up at Treocentral (as I was before I even heard of a Palm Pre) because they like their Treos while being less than impressed with the Pre.

Rather than turn this into a huge thread**** I
    ll just point out that nothing really constructive is going on at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlparziale View Post
    Gotta admit also, the Pre is very very elegant. the fluidity and natural feeling of the UI experience is amazing. They did a great job. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is great also, but it just seems so big and clunky compared to the pre
    I totally agree with that one. I own a touch and thought the os is great but when I got the pre I look back and couldn't imagine having that "brick" to carry around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I'm happy I "resisted" both the iPhone AND the Pre. Saw a Pre on day one and was unimpressed--the hype was...well it was HYPE. The screen is too tiny and the fonts too small. There are LOTS of deal breakers on the Pre. Glad someone likes it. Someone always likes each product--but not everyone does. I'm one of those that doesn't like it.
    Well said. I'm of the same point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Well said. I'm of the same point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    Take your little toy, fanboy, and run along. Ignorance is truly bliss. Go forth in your pursuit......
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I own a Toyota Tundra and there are constantly guys showing up in the forums talking about how their Chevy or Dodge is so much better.

Ask the Dodge guys how they like their Fiat pickup.
    Just got mine today and I'm loving it. However, I never realized how much I liked having just a plan simple button to push, just to hang up a phone call. But I'll get used to all the different things.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Take your little toy, fanboy, and run along. Ignorance is truly bliss. Go forth in your pursuit......
    LOL. There you go again, all angry because you got called out as a plant. Find me a single thoughtful post you've made, ever. I mean geez, you've got 2,500 posts and been thanked 10 times. Take the hint. Nobody is fooled.
    I somewhat like the Pre more than the iPhone because of the keyboard, but i'm on the line as to weather I should get the new iPhone... switching to Sprint isn't an option ATM.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    You guys do realize this forum is Treocentral as well as Precentral, right? Folks could be signed up at Treocentral (as I was before I even heard of a Palm Pre) because they like their Treos while being less than impressed with the Pre.

Rather than turn this into a huge thread**** I
    ll just point out that nothing really constructive is going on at this point.
    Yes, and the Tundra forum actually has forums for other vehicles on the site. While I sometimes visit other sections to read and see what's going on, I ONLY post in the Tundra forum because, you know, I own one and thus can speak from what I know about it.

You won't find me in a Treo forum talking about how I think they're crap or the Pre is so much better. Unless of course, I start feeling insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    LOL. There you go again, all angry because you got called out as a plant. Find me a single thoughtful post you've made, ever. I mean geez, you've got 2,500 posts and been thanked 10 times. Take the hint. Nobody is fooled.
    Oh no! You got me! Oh my cover is soooo blown! whatever will I tell my apple cohorts back in silicon valley - that they found me out? Oh dear god!

I'm sooo angry that some childish overly belligerent palm fanboy "called me out" on my apple plant role.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

seek some therapy, already, hanh?

The only posts you deem thoughtful are those that laud the pre. Anything else is an "apple plant" or some ridiculous, kooky claim. What have YOU contributed to this forum other than divisiveness and personal attacks?

Please. YOU have fooled no one.
    Well that wins as the most worthless comment of the day.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    Chevy or Dodge? Good lord no... Now Ford on the other hand.
    Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-SC View Post
    I somewhat like the Pre more than the iPhone because of the keyboard, but i'm on the line as to weather I should get the new iPhone... switching to Sprint isn't an option ATM.
    Why is it not an option? Are you in the midst of an AT&T contract? What about reception? The Pre is fantastic but I'd be the first to tell you that service should be your main priority when choosing between these two phones. If either has poor service where you live, the features of the phone just don't matter. And such as it is, both AT&T and Sprint have their problem cities.
  16.    #36  
    Oh, my GAWD! All I did was say I like my new phone! What the hell is wrong with you people???
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I'm new here too and this is my first smart phone ever! I was gonna make a new thread, but i'll post it here cuz it relates to Gmoney's post. Coming from a Sanyo M1 flip phone, I felt like I took a huge leap in technology. Now I don't mean to bash Apple, but I stayed away from the "bandwagon" just cuz everyone has it. I have no ipod, instead Zen Vision M. I have no macbook, prefer PC's. I felt like there was no way of me getting an iPhone. I just refuse to join the "bandwagon". I'm so glad that Palm came out with this phone because ive been teased by my friends for being in sprint and how bad their phone selection was.

I am just totally blown away by this phone because everything is new to me. Even using the keyboard for the first time was exciting. This is only my 3rd phone and my past two phones were sanyo flips. The pre works great and i have no issues with it. I have been following precentral for months and now i have decided to register because i wanted to share my experience from someone who has never owned a smartphone prior to the pre. I look forward to contributing to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Well that wins as the most worthless comment of the day.
    One has to simply review your posts to find a plethora of meaningless drivel.... please.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Yes, and the Tundra forum actually has forums for other vehicles on the site. While I sometimes visit other sections to read and see what's going on, I ONLY post in the Tundra forum because, you know, I own one and thus can speak from what I know about it.

You won't find me in a Treo forum talking about how I think they're crap or the Pre is so much better. Unless of course, I start feeling insecure.
    Nah. Insecurity is rampant when hundreds of pre users report rampant problems left and right.

An open forum is ... well... OPEN. One is free to roam. Has nothing to do with whether one is secure or not. The giggle psychobabble is very funny.

If you bash iphone, does that mean you are insecure about yourself?
    The only posts you deem thoughtful are those that laud the pre. Anything else is an "apple plant" or some ridiculous, kooky claim. What have YOU contributed to this forum other than divisiveness and personal attacks?
    You're the only person I've ever accused of being a plant, and the only person I constantly pick on, because you constantly drop into threads, make "I agree" comments to any negative post or creating negative threads based on whatever latest negative comment you just read somewhere else and presenting it as original thought. I mean even by "Pre basher" standards, you're consistently sub-par.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast