Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure if this was posted or not but i noticed from my box and others via unboxing videos, that there are two boxes for the pre..Mine has black on the sides and the screen of the pre has a flower on it. The other version is yellow on the sides and has a sunset on the water image. Is there a reason for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by acolo1 View Post
    Not sure if this was posted or not but i noticed from my box and others via unboxing videos, that there are two boxes for the pre..Mine has black on the sides and the screen of the pre has a flower on it. The other version is yellow on the sides and has a sunset on the water image. Is there a reason for this?
    Yup two different boxes.. when i exchanged my first one, my 2nd one was a different box.
    Pics? Mine came with 1.0.2 out of the box
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mine has the pre pictured with a sunset image on it and the sides are yellow with the sprint logo on it.
  5.    #5  
    Is there a reason for this? Anything special about either box?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I got a black box and it required an update. The wife got yellow and it had 1.02 already. Coincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I got a black box and it required an update. The wife got yellow and it had 1.02 already. Coincidence?
    Mine also had the yellow box and 1.02 was installed on it out of the box.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I had a yellow box on launch and it needed an update to 1.02. /shrug
    I posted a pic of my three Pre boxes on launch day...which is here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1642949

I have two of the lids swapped, but you should be able to see what is what there.

BTW, the odd box out needed the 1.02 update and the other two shipped with it.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    I had the black sides and my Pre needed to be updated.

I guess we can come to a conclusion?
    Hmmm...something weird is up with that link...so here's the pic:

BTW, in the last two days I have gotten two more Touchstones and a pile of USB cables and chargers...and the family is very happy.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Is there any correlation to the box/os that it came with and all the problems being reported (i.e.- The ones that shipped with 1.02 dont have the cracks, slider problem, reception issues, etc)? If it came pre loaded with 1.02, it is obviously a later run on the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin1497 View Post
    Is there any correlation to the box/os that it came with and all the problems being reported (i.e.- The ones that shipped with 1.02 dont have the cracks, slider problem, reception issues, etc)? If it came pre loaded with 1.02, it is obviously a later run on the product.
    Possibly, my came pre loaded with 1.02 and I don't seem to have any of those reported issues.
  14.    #14  
    Mine came in the box w/ black sides and no 1.02 but my pre seems flawless
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    lol...I noticed the different boxes as well. My original Pre needed updated to 1.0.2 but still worked GREAT except about 8 hours after I bought it, the camera quit working for no reason. Luckily, one of my local sprint stores held a few back for exchanges to I was able to get it replaced on Monday. My new phone was in the yellow sided box with 1.0.2 while my original phone was the darker sided box that needed updated.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brqndon View Post
    I had the black sides and my Pre needed to be updated.

I guess we can come to a conclusion?
    Mine as well.
    Does anyones phone slide outward the slightest bit as if it was a Rumor? I want take it back but not sure if its with all the phones
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    My first one was black sides, dldn't have the update, and needed to be returned due to random power cycles. Replacement was yellow sides, didn't need to be updated and has had no problems other then the battery when I still had my Live email coming to the phone
    the boxes with yellow sides are the newest pres with the new update. they are the ones that are getting shipped out now. i just had to get a new pre because of a stuck pixel and found this out (the sprint rep told me).

so yes, the yellow sides means it is the new pre with the updates already installed and everything
    darn, now I know mine is an older revision.

BTW, ALL radio shack thus far in so cal only has black firmware 1.01 (just like mine)

Needs to be manually updated
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast