Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The black box was the original software and the yellow had the upgrade, per a Sprint rep I talked to the other day.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Pics? Mine came with 1.0.2 out of the box
    Dell XPS M1550 ??
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
  4.    #24  
    bought mine at radioshack...yes i had to upgrade to 1.02...not that big of a deal..
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    Dell XPS M1550 ??
    correct
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I just exchange out my pre for a new one cause the battery no matter what i tired wouldn't hold charge and got almost hot enough to burn me, it was a black box and now i got a yellow one and its like night and day right off, i've been playing with it for 3 hours and the battery has only dropped about 10%. Seems like yellow boxes are the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko View Post
    I just exchange out my pre for a new one cause the battery no matter what i tired wouldn't hold charge and got almost hot enough to burn me, it was a black box and now i got a yellow one and its like night and day right off, i've been playing with it for 3 hours and the battery has only dropped about 10%. Seems like yellow boxes are the way to go.
    Night & day as far as the battery goes?
    Does any body have the battery/screen blotching problems with the ones that came on the yellow box? I wonder why the change in boxes, is there anything different with the #'s on the box, SKU, RS #, RS K01#, RS SCK #? If those even mean anythign.
    Now I'm going to demand a yellow box when I get mine tomorrow/friday..
    Bluetooth radio wasn't working properly (connections went stale as soon as the phone went into standby) in my original Pre (flower box) - replaced it with the sunset box, BT works perfectly. Can also confirm better battery life, and better overall build quality. The BT was likely an isolated hardware failure not related to first production run. Glad to have a newer one though.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Got a black box Pre...had 1.0.1 and had to update. I am having some issues with reception, battery and the slider is a little loose (which worries me if it will get worse).

This info may be what I needed to decide to get mine replaced...great post!
    Mine is exactly like the one pictured above, black, with the flower on the screen.

Mine had the 1.02 firmware update.

Mine seems to be fine as far as reception etc. goes, however, after a while it does develop the blotchiness at the bottom of the screen.

Can we come to the consensus that all Pres in the yellow box have no blotching or any other issues? This is just typical, both my pre and my friends pre were ordered at the same time by the same person, they arrived on the same day, and we went to pick them up at the same time. His was pre-programmed and had a sticker with his phone number on the side since it was a new line, and it came in the yellow box. Mine wasn't pre programmed and came in the black box. My buddy told me right away how amazed he was how long the battery lasted! 2 hours into my day, with a few texts and using navigation once, I was down to 60%

Hmmm....
    My pre came in the sunset/yellow box with the 1.02 uprgade on it. I do have some blotching that comes in when battery gets below 30%. It doesnt bother me and i have no plans to return it as long as performance remains the same.
    Mine was in the black flower box. Had to be updated and I haven't had any problems with it. The same goes for my husband.
    You could also check the manufacturing date, I think it's ##786#, scroll down and it tells you when it was produced.
    Mine was May 12.
    Also, I have a black cover with the Pre with the flower on the box. Had 1.0.1 and updated.
    Couple of tiny dead pixels on the bottom of the screen (the black area), but I can live with it.
    I'm tempted to do a swap since I have heat when charging and normal use.
    Hmm?
    I have a black box and it had 1.01 (Got it on the 5th). No problems so far especially with the Airave now. My Manufacture date is 5/26.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I have a black box pre, manufactured 5/24/09. I have a slider issue, a dead pixel, and some random keyboard issues. My dad also has a black box pre and can't seem to get his battery to last more than about 4 hours.

I'm hoping to exchange these within 30 days, but really want a yellow box now!
    what is the screen blotching you guys are referring to? any pics? what other general issues have u all seen on ALL pre's regardless of box
    this is a very interesting topic...
    so basically, on which you box you get, the Palm Pre's hardware is different.
    Hopefully be September, when I get mine, they have a red colored box haha & the MicroUSB door thing is fixed. Cause I honestly dont see myself owning a Touchstone.
    On sprintusers.com theyre talking about the same thing, except mostly differences on keyboard..
    I have the black box pre, bought insurance on mine. Had to upgrade to 1.0.2. I have the slider issues (it closes fine just wobbles a little when closed) and possibly screen issues (thoe isn't bad enough for me to complain nor really notice). I however don't seem to have the greatest battery. About half a day of minimal use, and my battery was at 8% in the morning.

5/23/09 is my manufacturer date.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 06/11/2009 at 08:03 AM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast