Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The reason why most MMS messages sent fail to reach the recipient is that pictures taken by the Pre exceeds the size limits of most carriers. Average size of most pics are close to 1mb. Will Palm update the camera so as we can change the settings?????
    We shouldnt need to lower the res on the camera. When sending MMS, WebOS should automatically create a smaller copy and send that instead. I haven't tried MMS yet, but I will tonight.
    I've sent photos to a Treo, a Blackberry, and another Pre since I got mine. So far all have worked.
  4.    #4  
    My wife receives my mms messages (T-Mobile) but my brother can not (ATT)
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I've sent photos to a Treo, a Blackberry, and another Pre since I got mine. So far all have worked.
    What wireless carriers are those phones on?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    I've sent MMS to my wife with no issues (obviously Sprint), but also to Verizon and U.S. Cellular. No problems on either end. Are we sure it doesn't resize automatically?
  7.    #7  
    Also sent to another ATT user and I get a return txt stating "The receiver may not be able to get this message due to size limitations of carrier" Think ATT is having probs getting mms from the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbski View Post
    Also sent to another ATT user and I get a return txt stating "The receiver may not be able to get this message due to size limitations of carrier" Think ATT is having probs getting mms from the pre
    Meh...things will straighten out. At least we can send to other Sprint customers without issue LOL
    i think it's AT&T that has the issue and not just with the Pre i've taken pics with an instinct camera that said were undeliverable to AT&T
    I got the same message when I tried to send a pic from my Instinct to a friend with an at&t phone...and she has the Samsung Eternity.
    I think at&t reduced the size of an attachment can be recieved by MMS.
    My sister has verizon and is not receiving my mms
    My wife sent me an MMS today (both Sprint) and I got an error message about size limitations !
    MMS sending pictures to ATT for me seems to work just fine. Everyone I have sent them to receives them.
    My wife receives my mms messages (T-Mobile) but my brother can not (ATT)
    Strange. My co-worker's G1 does not receive MMS, just SMS sent from my Pre.

I'll try sending one to my wife's Centro, and she's got Sprint as well.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I've sent and received images to/from a verizon phone and had no issues.

tried sending one to another pre, and got the error message, but the picture did go through.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    What wireless carriers are those phones on?
    Treo and Pre on Sprint, Blackberry on VZW.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I have not yet found a single person who could receive my Pre pictures, but none of them are on Sprint. Recipients had AT&T and T-Mobile, used iPhone, Blackberry Pearl, or Treo.

I am really frustrated, will go to the Sprint store tomorrow for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I have not yet found a single person who could receive my Pre pictures, but none of them are on Sprint. Recipients had AT&T and T-Mobile, used iPhone, Blackberry Pearl, or Treo.

I am really frustrated, will go to the Sprint store tomorrow for help.
    Well one problem is that the iPhone can't receive MMS yet. Other than that yeah I would try a Sprint store for help.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I got mixed results too. I sent one to a friend with a Flipshot on Verizon and didn't get it, but my other friend's Blackberry Storm on Verizon got it. However, it took me about six hours to receive a MMS from the his Storm.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Well one problem is that the iPhone can't receive MMS yet. Other than that yeah I would try a Sprint store for help.
    The thing is, when I had a Centro, I was successfully sending pictures to the person with the Blackberry Pearl. She gets nothing from my Pre.

It appears that Centro was smart enough to put the picture on the web and send a link to the picture, which the Pearl was then smart enough to automatically pull off the web. Or is it just a picture size issue?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast