Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Maybe the problem is because Pre uses true MMS (dumbphone variety); while the other Sprint smartphones uses the poor-man variety of MMS (a.k.a Picture Mail)
    I just tried to send a pic I took on the Pre to my wife's Rant and it failed. Anyone know why or how we can fix this?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by locd32 View Post
    I just tried to send a pic I took on the Pre to my wife's Rant and it failed. Anyone know why or how we can fix this?
    If you were able to do this prior to purchasing the Pre, the best explanation may be that her phone or network won't accept such large pictures. I wish Palm provided a way for us to set picture size for messaging. At a minimum, it would allow us to rule out this cause, but it also would keep us from hogging memory on other people's cell phones.

~joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    It appears that Centro was smart enough to put the picture on the web and send a link to the picture, which the Pearl was then smart enough to automatically pull off the web. Or is it just a picture size issue?
    That has nothing to do with the Centro (my 755p did that too), it's just Sprint's implementation of MMS: instead of sending the picture straight through to the recipient, Sprint uploads it to their own site, designed specifically for MMS service.

Some people like it (it ensures the message gets delivered regardless of carrier), others hate it.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Is there any way to send ringtone through MMS?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    That has nothing to do with the Centro (my 755p did that too), it's just Sprint's implementation of MMS: instead of sending the picture straight through to the recipient, Sprint uploads it to their own site, designed specifically for MMS service.

Some people like it (it ensures the message gets delivered regardless of carrier), others hate it.
    Okay, I was one of those who hated it. But it at least I was able to send pictures with it. Thanks for letting me know it was still MMS.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    My wife and I both have Pre's. I've sent her three MMS msg's and she's received one of them. She's sent me two and I've only received one. So, 33% and 50%...how are we doing so far?
    every one is going on about how networks are not able to accept the size of the pics that the pre takes but i think it might be more that that cause I tried to send a pic to a centro on the sprint network and it just would not send kept failing this needs to be fixed fingers crossed that 1.0.3 update that i hope comes in the next few days will change something about this cause its just annoying
    my wife tried sending a pic from her pre to mine via mms.. 2 times I just go the text, no pics attached. later that night, she sent it again 2 times, i didn't get anything those times.. no msg, nada..

so sprint to sprint, palm pre to palm pre.. what????????
    I rebooted, and guess what all the pics magically appeared..

weird..
    Tmobile G1 doesn't receive any of my MMS. This sucks really.
    So this is odd....I got my wife's Pre last night. She can send an MMS or text to my Pre but I can only send a text to her's... MMS will NOT show up on her Pre for some reason.
    Any clues? Were both on 1.0.3 and rebooted each device several times...no luck.

It has been less than 24 hours since her Pre was activated. I'm hoping that's the reason.
    For as long as I've had Sprint I've always had trouble sending MMS to ATT. Because I don't have trouble sending to any other carrier I assume this is an ATT issue.

Probably why MMS has taken so long on the iphone.
    So far...the only service I had trouble with is metroPCS. I only received a * file size limit* notification when sending a picture... My moms verizon receives just fine and she has a very standard flip phone. I hope someone comes out with a light editor... Or maybe use picnik.com when we get a Flash plugin...
    nope...it was my Pre...battery pull / cold reboot fixed it
    I havent had a problem with anyone on Sprint or Verizon.

What is nice about the Facebook integration is you can always send it to them in an e-mail as well and you don't have to ask for it if you are friends on facebook

I've sent pictures back and forth to two other Pre's. No problems and images were fairly large.
    Last edited by nojok3; 06/20/2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Haven't had any problems sending mms yet.
    i am now having problems with mms.
    I am not sure if it was the update to 1.0.3 or my rooting the pre and adding the roam only hack.
    I am positive that I was successfully sending pictures before... Now it says I sent but nobady is getting them!
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I've sent photos to a Treo, a Blackberry, and another Pre since I got mine. So far all have worked.
    I sent one the other day to a newbie BB owner and it didnt work ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
    i am now having problems with mms.
    I am not sure if it was the update to 1.0.3 or my rooting the pre and adding the roam only hack.
    I am positive that I was successfully sending pictures before... Now it says I sent but nobady is getting them!
    I had a similar problem. Try turning off the phone, remove the battery and wait for a minute or two before re-inserting it....then try re-start.

It took a battery pull on my Pre to get it working shortly after I updated it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast