Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    ... they were aware of the facebook sync bug (number 19 at forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/182595-buglist-pre.html) and insisted that they were actively working on a fix for an upcoming WebOS update. I also asked about search within the calendar and Email apps and was told that it too would be available in updates in the near future.

Hopefully these updates will actually happen and happen soon. WebOS has enormous potential but seems to have been released only 3/4 baked...

~ Brett
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Sounds good, thanks for the update.
    Unfortunately, companies always seem to say that to make customers happy.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Unfortunately, companies always seem to say that to make customers happy.
    Agreed. But, wishful thinking...
    I think the fact that we've already gotten one OTA lends pretty good support to the fact that additional ones are forthcoming. Certainly NOT releasing updates periodically will lend itself poorly to a company trying to revive its image.

For my part, I'll be giving Palm the benefit of the doubt. It's far too early to say weather they're just giving lip service or they really intend to actively support this phone with OTA updates.

While companies do often say such things "just to make customers happy". That's not always the case. I've had a sony PSP since they were first released and there have been countless updates and additions to the OS.
    Well, considering Palm built the OTA framework into the phone, I do think they plan on doing quick updates frequently. At least, one can only hope...
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Well, considering Palm built the OTA framework into the phone, I do think they plan on doing quick updates frequently. At least, one can only hope...
    Everything leads to this indication...I really hope Palm plans on actively supporting the device. Myself like many really like the device but are still in doubt about what will happen upon the 30 days.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Lets see. Hmmm June 6th + 30 days, that's all they have before mucho Pres get returned.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    companies do often say such things "just to make customers happy". That's not always the case. I've had a sony PSP since they were first released and there have been countless updates and additions to the OS.
    Part of the reason the PSP has gotten so many updates is because there has been a massive homebrew/piracy scene constantly cracking the firmware, forcing Somy to step up their game and offer enough compelling features to convince people to update their systems and patch the security holes.

Now that we've got root, maybe Palm will be forced to do the same...
    If Palm don't provide updates the 'hacking' community will, so the future looks good either way.
    too bad you didnt tell them about the texting issues and forwarding and copy paste and all