Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys have you guys handled two or more calls on this phone? I just tried and i guess if you are on a call with party A and you initiate a second call to party B, the only option if it gives you is to do a conference call. You can't put the party B on hold and go back to party A. Now in a diff scenario: let's say you're on the phone with party A and Party B calls you, you can put either party on hold but you can't end the phone call with just one of them, or it doesn't seem to give you the option of that. It just has end all calls. Can you guys experiment with that and see what results you guys get?

    I can clarify it even more if it doesn't make sense
  2. welance's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #2  
    I've had trouble figuring out how to end 1 phone call when you were on 2. I had this come up yesterday.

    On phone with A, and B called. These are both Non-sprint customers. I talked to B, then switched back to A and A's timer kept running. Am I being charged minutes for this? The only option I could figure out is Hang up ALL.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by welance View Post
    I've had trouble figuring out how to end 1 phone call when you were on 2. I had this come up yesterday.

    On phone with A, and B called. These are both Non-sprint customers. I talked to B, then switched back to A and A's timer kept running. Am I being charged minutes for this? The only option I could figure out is Hang up ALL.
    yeah same thing i'm getting
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by welance View Post
    I've had trouble figuring out how to end 1 phone call when you were on 2. I had this come up yesterday.

    On phone with A, and B called. These are both Non-sprint customers. I talked to B, then switched back to A and A's timer kept running. Am I being charged minutes for this? The only option I could figure out is Hang up ALL.
    That is a notorious issue for most phones. Not specific to the Pre. In the user manual for the pre it actually tells you to request the other user to hang up to end the call. If they cannot hang up (i.e. a conference call that is an automated system) you are screwed.

    Quote Originally Posted by bballintom22 View Post
    Hey guys have you guys handled two or more calls on this phone? I just tried and i guess if you are on a call with party A and you initiate a second call to party B, the only option if it gives you is to do a conference call. You can't put the party B on hold and go back to party A. Now in a diff scenario: let's say you're on the phone with party A and Party B calls you, you can put either party on hold but you can't end the phone call with just one of them, or it doesn't seem to give you the option of that. It just has end all calls. Can you guys experiment with that and see what results you guys get?

    I can clarify it even more if it doesn't make sense
    bballintom22's concern actually seems like a palm programming problem. I have not ran in to the situation you are describing yet but I can see how it could be a problem. Also, to me, It does make sense what you are saying.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    That is a notorious issue for most phones. Not specific to the Pre. In the user manual for the pre it actually tells you to request the other user to hang up to end the call. If they cannot hang up (i.e. a conference call that is an automated system) you are screwed.



    bballintom22's concern actually seems like a palm programming problem. I have not ran in to the situation you are describing yet but I can see how it could be a problem. Also, to me, It does make sense what you are saying.
    Same.
  6.    #6  
    I wonder if this could be resolved as in it is a bug or if this is just how phones are nowadays
  7. #7  
    All of these quirks mentioned are known limitations of CDMA.
  8. #8  
    if i am on a conference call, can I put my line on mute? This comes in handy if i am in a place with alot of background noise that others can hear. On the treo755p i pressed the microphone icon.
  9. #9  
    My 700p had this same problem as well. Didn't come up too often but annoying when it does. Just have to hang up all and call back.
  10. #10  
    I have this problem all the time.... I really hope they come out with a work around or a update for this.
  11. #11  
    This is an old thread, but I have the same problem all of the time...
    I will get a second incoming call ("Caller B") and tell Caller A that I will talk to them later. I then press "Answer" for Caller B while Caller A is hanging up. The screen then shows two arrows in the middle and keeps the first call on hold until I hang up with Caller B. It then states Called Ended with "B"...Call Ended with "A".

    Are minutes for Caller A still being used even though they supposedly hung up?
    Has anyone figured an easy way to hang up with the first caller while on the phone with the second?

    I also have problems when trying to tell caller B that I will call them back and then attempting go back to Caller A.
  12. samid's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #12  
    Thats what i need help with. How do I answer caller B and then go back to only Caller A, not 3 way??
  13. #13  
    You can't without telling them to hang up. It's a limitation of CDMA technology.
  14. #14  
    Unfortunately "hang up all" is the only option. This was the same way on my Treo 650 and 755p. Seems jhoff80 may be correct about this being a limitation of CDMA.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000

Posting Permissions