1.    #1  
    When my Pre is sitting out, whether on my desk (charging or not) or in my car's console, I've taken to leaving the keyboard open all the time. Anybody else do this?

I feel like I'm cheating on the slider, but leaving the keyboard open makes it easier to power up the device, etc. Almost like using the keyboard on my old Treo. But of course, unlike my Treo, I can close the slider and slip the Pre smoothly into a small pocket.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I always keep it open, I miss my iphone's virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdc5 View Post
    I always keep it open, I miss my iphone's virtual keyboard.
    That was funny.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I do for phone calls because the size feels more normal for me but of late I am using it closed more to read as the font size in portrait is too small for eye comfort for me.
    Varies. When I'm in an ongoing text chat with my wife, I keep it open. Otherwise, it's mostly closed. Interestingly, I don't let the keyboard status affect my landscape use--I flip it either way.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It would be nice to have access to a mini virtual keyboard for quick text. I kind of hate having to slide open the keyboard.
    They need t ad an on-screen keyboard as a back-up for short messages... I've almost trashed my car 3 times today trying to send a short text while on the freeway!
    I leave it open a whole lot. I kind of wish it was always open lol. Waiting for the EOS!!
    not really, just for short txt or emails, and most of the time its closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Rasp View Post
    They need t ad an on-screen keyboard as a back-up for short messages... I've almost trashed my car 3 times today trying to send a short text while on the freeway!:hmm:
    Life is short and you won't live long doing that. More importantly, your putting the general public at risk. You could kill someone. Think about your family and other innocent lives who would be at risk. Drive safely.