1.    #1  
    Ok, so I use Yahoo as my main account. It is set to "As it arrives" and the first couple days it was fast. I would send a test email to myself and it would show up on my Pre before my Yahoo webmail that I had running on my 2nd monitor.

Today is another story... I noticed sluggishness so I sent a test email @ 3:32pm and it arrived in my webmail @ 3:33, but I didn't get notified on my Pre till 3:50! Anybody else using Yahoo as their primary email notice this? Whats your notification time?
    I'm using a sbcglobal email account that happens to run on yahoo servers. I'm getting delays in my email as well. About 5 mins I noticed, I have mine set to as arrives as well
  3.    #3  
    Always or just recently? Mine was great until today...
    the first day was ok then it was pretty much 5 mins. i had the same problem with the iphone
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I recently got my Pre. When I did, I chose to not port my number over right away. So currently, I have both a BB storm (ugh) and the Pre. I have noticed that the Storm receives yahoo updates before they even appear in my inbox online. However, with the Pre I have to wait up to an hour to be notified - even though I have selected "As It Arrives." I have noticed that if I go into the Yahoo inbox and manual check on the Pre that it will find the emails. This is rather annoying to me. Not sure where the problem is, but I think it might be with either Sprint or Palm.
    Palm has IMAP servers that serve Yahoo POP mail to enable push notification. It may be Palm's servers that are overloaded.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    i dont know if anyone else has this problem but my email isnt coming in anymore. only when i check it myself i have it set to as arrives

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    i dont know if anyone else has this problem but my email isnt coming in anymore. only when i check it myself i have it set to as arrives
    I had this problem over the weekend. It also wouldn't change the counter as I read and/or deleted the emails once I checked them. Yesterday I deleted the Yahoo account from my Pre and set it up again. It's been working fine since.
    ok ill try that, if that doesn't work then ill just sign up for a gmail account and forward my sbc mail there

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Anywhere from immediate to around 5min...