Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    With my 755p I used Palm Desktop and entered them and sync'd to that. Is there something I can use to do the contacts that doesn't require me to use an online service like Google? Or am I pretty much stuck with using Google? Palm provided a tool to move my 755p contacts, but my wife's new Pre I will need to enter all hers manually through the phone or do it online I guess. Its too slow through the phone to do it IMHO.
    You do not need google. Remove the association from google or exchange or aim or whatever and whenever you enter a contact it will just associate with your palm profile.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Right but is there a way to edit the contacts on a computer instead of trying to punch them in through the phone?
    I have yet to log into my palm profile. But that would be the only place I can think of.

What is your aversion to Google or Exchange? I mean I hate Google too lol. But if you don't need a custom email address you can get FREE exchange from mail2web.com.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Well.. I don't need an email address, I host all my own mail on my own IMAP server.. so I am just looking for an easier way to edit contacts than to punch them all in via the phone. Its easier to edit, delete, modify, etc using some program on my computer. I don't see any way to modify them using the Palm Profile website.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    You'll probably have to wait for one of the 3rd party desktop solutions coming along. Palm dropped the ball on this one as far as I'm concerned.
    Check out the precentral blog. The third party solution is now out.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Can you add contacts via the palm profile? can anyone cofirm this?