Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I wanted to get everyones opinion on what they consider the BEST keyboard they have very sued on a smart phone.

I would ay the BlackBerry 8700 was by far the best keyboard avey made period. SIZE, click, materail were all perfect.

Lets here what your is....keep this post alive
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Motorola Q9M or Q9C - they're pretty well identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    +1

and I actually like the Pre's now after a few days....
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    I wanted to get everyones opinion on what they consider the BEST keyboard they have very sued on a smart phone.

I would ay the BlackBerry 8700 was by far the best keyboard avey made period. SIZE, click, materail were all perfect.

Lets here what your is....keep this post alive
    Poll
    I got to be pretty fond of my Touch Pro. I liked the extra row of number keys.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    In my limited experience (mostly WinMo) I'd say the Pre. The only thing I think is missing is predictive text.
    HTC Mogul/ VX6800
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yes; I've owned both (I still have the Q9c) and they were amazing for texting.

I do enjoy the Pre quite a bit more than I did the Instinct. The haptic response on it was nice, but my phat phingers seemed to always hit the wrong keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I got to be pretty fond of my Touch Pro. I liked the extra row of number keys.
    I have a TP too and I actually think I can type better on the Pre - don't know why, maybe I just like the smaller spacing.....
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    bbery 8830 or bold
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    iphone, however, Im trying to love the pre keyboard
    The blackberry bold, IMO is the best cell phone keyboard
    Wow, I actually hated the q9c keyboard, it was huge but the keys all touched each other, and they were way too soft and mushy. Not only that but when I would type too quickly, I'd get repeated letters.

I much prefer the keyboard on the Pre to it, and find it to be about equal with the 755p. I haven't used any Blackberries for more than a few minutes to really be able to compare them.
    Blackberry Curve.
    TMO Dash. I loved that thing when I used it for work. Light, perfect size, easily could handle one and two-handed texting...

However, I finding the Pre to be a better keyboard that the Dash. The way I use physical keyboards, with the tip of my nail, makes typing on it a breeze.
    Blackberry Bold or iPhone.
    Coming from 755, LOVING IT!!!!
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Erm, the Pre is okay--but it's no where near the best. Almost any QWERTY WinMo phone is better... Any side-slide QWERTY phone ever made is better.

With that said, I'm getting used to it. The other features make it all worth it. If they released a next-gen WebOS device with a side-slide, I'd pick that up in a heartbeat.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    My typing style is used to the 700, and I think the Pre is an upgrade over that...so I'm going to have to go with the Pre.

The Bold is a close second...and the Tilt's was pretty good IMO as well.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    BB Bold/8800/8300
    Treo 6XX/7XX
    Other sliders and candybars
    Pre
    Centro
    iPhone.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast