Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Never in a million years did I think I would even consider returning this thing. I don't want to... I love it!!! But if they don't address this before the 30 days is over I have no choice. I have dropped more call in the last 5 days then the last year and a half.

FYI: I am on my 2nd Pre. I exchanged it because of the dropped calls and the 2nd on is just as bad.
    There is no spoon
    How's the service in your area? Did you come from another Sprint phone or another carrier?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Hopefully this can be addressed because in the same locations of use compared to my 755p, the Pre signal is noticably not as good. Pre is great, signal not so.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    I've been a Sprint customer and compared to my Samsung A920, my Pre hovers around 1 bar. I've also had a couple of dropped calls. Checking the Sprint coverage map, I'm supposed to be in "good" signal areas with work and at home. I know someone will say get an airwave. I rather have a better signal without an added piece of equipment that's only a temporary solution. Otherwise, I'll need an airwave everywhere I go.
    I'm with you. I'm on my 2nd Pre. They have until July 1st to fix this or I'm back to my other carrier. It's a shame too cause this thing is sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Otherwise, I'll need an airwave everywhere I go.
    Right, cause mine bounces around at home and at work.
  7.    #7  
    I came from a 755p on Sprint. Signal was never great in my apartment and had occasional dropped calls...but thats expected and didnt bother me. At work I never had a problem. I work in a car dealership with glass all around me. But this is crazy. I was kind of in denial the first few days but this is bad. This will not be functional as a phone if this isnt addressed. I'm really not trying to ***** either I am just disappointed...but optimistic???
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    How's the service in your area? Did you come from another Sprint phone or another carrier?
    We're not at the "is this a problem?" stage.

It's a problem and huge one. Priority number one for Palm to fix IMO because like the OP says, its going back if not fixed. I'd at least consider an acknowledge from Palm promising a fix but if i hear nothing during the return period...
    no problems here.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

It's a problem and huge one. Priority number one for Palm to fix IMO because like the OP says, its going back if not fixed. I'd at least consider an acknowledge from Palm promising a fix but if i hear nothing during the return period...

Agreed. If Palm can't fix it in the first 30 days but at least acknowledges the issue and says they are going to fix it I won't return it. Give me something....please. I don't want to return this thing.
    There is no spoon
    Im not sure what makes you all think this can be fixed with a software update. It may very well be a hardware problem.
    Everyone PLEASE call technical support for sprint and complain like I did. They said they dont see a trend when I was on the phone with them. Does us no good to complain to each other. Call Sprint and ask for technical issues and COMPLAIN. they need to know this is a serious , SERIOUS issue. My store said folks were trying to swap them BUT they all have the problem. Its software not hardware. CALL UP SPRINT!
    I never had Sprint, but my best friend does. His Centro gets a steady 5 bars at my house.
    My Pre gets a good signal, but it is constantly jumping between 3 & 5 bars.

At work it is the same. Co-workers of mine who have Sprint get a steady strong 5 bar signal too. One of my co-workers has a Rant.

I plan on keeping it because everywhere I usually go I have a good signal. But I just want the bar jumping to end. I am sure it isn't good on the battery life.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Wow. Didn't know the issues were that widespread.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I don't see how a signal can be software related... It has to be hardware. I had a much better singal on my 700p rather than my Pre. The one room in my house I got signal with my 700p I no longer have signal with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostshootingstar View Post
    Im not sure what makes you all think this can be fixed with a software update. It may very well be a hardware problem.
    I've had MANY GSM Nokias and software/firmware updates frequently improves signal strength/quality/battery life. It isn't always hardware. . .
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    One thing I have noticed is when you have 1-2 bars you can hear the person PERFECTLY but they cannot hear you at all.
    I find this interesting. I really haven't noticed any signal quality issues as of yet, and I've made quite a few calls on my Pre since acquiring it this past Sunday.

However, I do live in an area where I've generally always enjoyed a good signal quality with my PPC 6700, then Centro, and now Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I don't see how a signal can be software related... It has to be hardware. I had a much better singal on my 700p rather than my Pre. The one room in my house I got signal with my 700p I no longer have signal with my Pre.
    I've updated the radio driver on many phones for better performance. It's not guaranteed that this is the same case but it's very common.

Also, remember that "bars" are very arbitrary. Bars are a very rough way of approximating signal strength.
    Mine jumps between Ev, 1x, and no data connection, even in an area with a strong signal. Sometimes I completely loose voice. If this isn't fixed within the 30 day period, its definately going back. And I really don't want to have to reutrn my Pre. By the way, with CDMA call quality (the bars) is not as simple as radio signal strengh. It's a function of many factors, including how many people are on the cell. It is possible for the bars to go up and down with the same signal strengh by changes in number of people calling.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast