Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 177
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I am not too sure I would do that. I am pretty sure you will lose any savings on the phone price. So in essence you will be losing $49 plus tax if you sold it for $500.
    Considering they are sold out, world-wide, you could probably get a bit more--- remember when the iPhones were going for $1000?
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Considering they are sold out, world-wide, you could probably get a bit more--- remember when the iPhones were going for $1000?
    Yes, but iPhone was GSM (could sell it worldwide), Pre isnt. So by nature, youre simply not gonna get as much for a device that only does limited CDMA.

    Also, iPhone was unlocked within weeks of release.
  3. #83  
    I know it's not scientific, but my Palm varies between 1 and 2 bars right now, and the BB Curve sitting next to it shows 3/5 bars.
  4. #84  
    I have horrible service, we also have 2 centros in the house which get 2 bars statically. The pre jumps from 1 to 0 bars, but normally stays on NO SERVICE. Calls go straight to voicemail and don't even send notifications to the Pre. We have never had a service problem with phones in this house.

    Text messages aren't received until I leave the house...I have a hard time beleiving this is a hardware issue. I spoke with a few Palm Techs that I personally know and they said that there is a rumor that palm is working on this fix as we speak and it is planned for release soon.

    The sad part, even palm tech support doesn't when and if this patch is going to be released.
  5. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #85  
    I seriously doubt this is hardware related. But who the F knows? Dang, just fix it, whatever it is. I don't care about what my signal reading is as long as I can get calls and use data. When I'm driving and Pandora starts churning when I have an EV signal, that pisses me off. Also, when for no apparent reason I switch to 1x, THAT pisses me off. I'm getting pissed off just writing this. I need to eat lunch. *deep breaths*
  6.    #86  
    I am on the phone with Sprint right now. I very nicely told them the Airave was the only thing that would prevent me from returning my phone and canceling my contract (I have been off of contract with Sprint for over 5 years). I then threw down the magic word...... "iPhone"

    They are sending me an Airave for free with no monthy service charge.
    There is no spoon
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    I am on the phone with Sprint right now. I very nicely told them the Airave was the only thing that would prevent me from returning my phone and canceling my contract (I have been off of contract with Sprint for over 5 years). I then threw down the magic word...... "iPhone"

    They are sending me an Airave for free with no monthy service charge.
    That's funny, cause I really think that is the magic word. I said the same thing, iPhone and ATT..booga booga booga. It was like I threatened them with a hex.
  8. #88  
    I have the airave.. and i still jump fro m1 bar to 5 bars in the house
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    I have the airave.. and i still jump fro m1 bar to 5 bars in the house
    But can you make and receive quality calls?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  10. #90  
    Here is a scenario I'd like to now... Has anyone with the signal issue get there's in the "Black Box" originally and get it swapped out from Sprint in the "Yellow Box" and have it work [better]? I got mine on launch day in the "Black Box" and have a build date of 05/11/2009. Just curious.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    But can you make and receive quality calls?
    Exactly. I could care less what the bars say...as long as it works.
    There is no spoon
  12. #92  
    Even if you can receive and make calls with no problems you're still burning unneccessary amounts of battery power by jumping between 1-5 bars. When the bars are lower the device will use more amplification to hold on to your call. This takes a lot of juice. It shouldn't be like this.

    This really isn't an OS 1 phone. It's a prototype. A beta. They've already gotten who knows how many people to buy it for $300 so the least Palm could do is make a webpage with known problems and estimated time to fixes. Or hell. Anything that would hint they're actually aware and working on this thing.

    I'm tired of seeing press releases and Palm PRPRPR $of$ $them$ $patting$ $theirselves$ $on$ $their$ $own$ $backs$. $Palm$, $you$ $have$ $a$ $problematic$ $device$ $out$ $there$ $and$ $even$ $though$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $folks$ $are$ $just$ $going$ $to$ '$live$ $with$ $it$' $for$ $the$ $sake$ $of$ $owning$ $the$ $latest$ $and$ $greatest$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $going$ $to$ **** $my$ $hard$ $earned$ $money$ $away$. $Recession$ $what$?
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    This really isn't an OS 1 phone. It's a prototype. A beta. They've already gotten who knows how many people to buy it for $300 so the least Palm could do is make a webpage with known problems and estimated time to fixes. Or hell. Anything that would hint they're actually aware and working on this thing.

    I'm tired of seeing press releases and Palm PRPRPR $of$ $them$ $patting$ $theirselves$ $on$ $their$ $own$ $backs$. $Palm$, $you$ $have$ $a$ $problematic$ $device$ $out$ $there$ $and$ $even$ $though$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $folks$ $are$ $just$ $going$ $to$ '$live$ $with$ $it$' $for$ $the$ $sake$ $of$ $owning$ $the$ $latest$ $and$ $greatest$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $going$ $to$ **** $my$ $hard$ $earned$ $money$ $away$. $Recession$ $what$?
    This is all your opinion. Most of us aren't having this issue. Perhaps it's a problem with your area?

    What's hilarious to me, is that while reading this thread yesterday, I had 3 bars on my Pre, sitting in the same location, all day. It stayed on 3 bars from 9am to 5pm, no variance. Today, I have FOUR bars.

    I would agree that the Pre/WebOS is lacking a few options and whatnot, and hopefully those will be added into the next OTA upgrade.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    This is all your opinion. Most of us aren't having this issue. Perhaps it's a problem with your area?
    My area? That's my point exactly. What difference does it make? If "my area" worked great on a BB Curve then why should it suck on the Pre? There has to be an explaination for this. It's not my opinion, it's a real problem.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    My area? That's my point exactly. What difference does it make? If "my area" worked great on a BB Curve then why should it suck on the Pre? There has to be an explaination for this. It's not my opinion, it's a real problem.
    I agree with you.
  16. mtgmt's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #96  
    i called complained got the airwave free and no monthly charge
    mt
  17. #97  
    I was going to go for the Airave thing, but my reception seems to be getting better each day. Though my EVDO and "bars" stil fluctuate, I can make and reveive quality calls. I have had two 3-way conference calls in the past 2 days without a problem.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt View Post
    i called complained got the airwave free and no monthly charge
    mt
    So you bought a $299 phone that needs an additional signal booster in your home to be used when a $10 used Sprint phone from Ebay would have no reception problem at all? Seriously? That is supposed to be acceptable?

    Again folks, this is just Sprint medicating the problem. It's not a fix. It's a cheaper way for them and Palm to ignore a problem. Demand more for your money. Return faulty products or corporations will continue to sell you crap.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    My area? That's my point exactly. What difference does it make? If "my area" worked great on a BB Curve then why should it suck on the Pre? There has to be an explaination for this. It's not my opinion, it's a real problem.
    The Curve is an excellent performer in terms of radio/battery life... The Pre may not have as good as of a radio.

    Maybe you guys need to go buy a used HTC Touch, use it for 2 weeks, and you will be BEGGING for the Pre back. My reception is astronomically-better.

    I'm in a radio warzone, and I am making calls left and right, whereas my Touch would randomly drop sometimes due to interference.

    When the signal is bouncing, are you guys saying that when it's sitting on the table, not moving, not being used, it's just bouncing between bars?
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    So you bought a $299 phone that needs an additional signal booster in your home to be used when a $10 used Sprint phone from Ebay would have no reception problem at all? Seriously? That is supposed to be acceptable?

    Again folks, this is just Sprint medicating the problem. It's not a fix. It's a cheaper way for them and Palm to ignore a problem. Demand more for your money. Return faulty products or corporations will continue to sell you crap.
    I do agree with this statement. It's kind of the same thing with the battery. After Palm touted features on the phone, they ask you to disable/ alter them, instead of creating something that has more efficient battery life. I'm contemplating if I should request an airwave. The airwave is a band-aid and not a solution. Hear no evil, see no evil.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    When the signal is bouncing, are you guys saying that when it's sitting on the table, not moving, not being used, it's just bouncing between bars?
    My phone will randomly cycle from EVDO to 1x, to No signal, back to EVDO. With no intervention what so ever. I live in a major city which is a good area and work in another major city that's a good area. Both experience the same issue.

Posting Permissions