Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    With ##debug# I get rec sig -116 and rec power -96.

I have 1 bar. Is this pretty poor? BTW sitting on puck. Off puck -104, -98, no bars.
    Well hooked the Airrave up and its definetly a good "Home" fix. 5 bars all over my house and no dropped calls. I did not have an issue outside my house so I guess its a bandaid BUT I want this issue fixed as I shouldnt need a airrave to get the service I paid for. But again get the Airave it works.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I don't see how a signal can be software related... It has to be hardware. I had a much better singal on my 700p rather than my Pre. The one room in my house I got signal with my 700p I no longer have signal with my Pre.
    My Pre reception is MUCH better than that of my 700P. Maybe I have just been lucky, but no reception problems here & I have been to 3 different locations & 2 states in two days. I am currently on the phone w/my Dad & w/o him knowing I have a new phone, he commented how clear the call is w/no background noise. I then mentioned I bought the Pre.

Cheers
    After having to get really pissy with Sprint support I finally got my free Airave today. Got it set very easily and man what a difference in my house. I get 5 bars everywhere in the house now. My phone was working fine in all other areas just a complete dead zone in my house. I would walk three feet outside my front door and get 3 bars.

If you are having trouble getting one comped, just keep going up the ladder until you get to someone that can make a decision.
    ALso even though it dosent help with Data It has defently helped with my internet conenction , More I think becasue of the roaming back and forth it was doing, i am now constantly on a Sprint signal. Ofcourse I will have to see how it does over a full week as 1 hour is not a good sample size but so far I reccomend it . Worth a try. And its free to most.
    Have you tried updating your prl list and network settings? I rarely run out of bars now.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by yama95 View Post
    After having to get really pissy with Sprint support I finally got my free Airave today. Got it set very easily and man what a difference in my house. I get 5 bars everywhere in the house now. My phone was working fine in all other areas just a complete dead zone in my house. I would walk three feet outside my front door and get 3 bars.

If you are having trouble getting one comped, just keep going up the ladder until you get to someone that can make a decision.
    I didnt have the same luck. Did you ask for a supervisor? Do you have to pay the monthly fee?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by soloman747 View Post
    Have you tried updating your prl list and network settings? I rarely run out of bars now.
    I can't. Both failed
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    I can't. Both failed
    Worked for me when I first got the phone. I bet this has something to do with your problems. That sucks...
    They seem to only be giving it to folks who threaten to leave and can back it up meaning new customers. But keep trying , eventually you might get someone who will do ya a favor.

I didnt have the same luck. Did you ask for a supervisor? Do you have to pay the monthly fee?

Thanks
    12 year sprint customer. Never seen fluctuations like this. I go from roam, to 1x, to 5 bars EV, to roam all within 20 seconds. I actually dropped a call today to... I had forgot what those even were a long time ago on sprint.

All updates done like you guys mentioned....
    the blackberry storm (depending on what Beta OS your running) has poor signal or great signal.. a lot has to do with the software and power saving features. Trust me ALOT has to do with software.. but it's a balancing act without killing the battery, but to boost signal.

Thanks
    I did get stuck with the monthly fee but and had to pay for the device (since I am a new Sprint customer apparently) but the supervisor issued an immediate credit of $100 to my account. The way I got to the supervisor was you know when the support person always asks at the end of your call, "Have I taken care of everything to your satisfaction?" or some garbage like that. Well after she basically said I was SOL, I told her, "Hell no and in fact I am switching back to AT&T to get the iPhone." She asked me to please hold on to speak with her supervisor. The supervisor took about 5 minutes to get me a comp Airave and issue the credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by soloman747 View Post

Open up the Phone app... then click on little sprint tab at the top left, go to preferences... then scroll down a little bit and click on update network settings and then click on "update prl".

Hope this might help a little bit..
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I called customer service, and after being transferred three times and waiting 20 minutes on hold, the fellow told me to exchange the Pre at a sprint store, since he hasn't heard about a signal strength problem with the phone, so mine must be bad. It doesn't seem bad, except for acting like it's missing its antenna.

G/F's sprint phone has 5 bars near street, 3 bars when further inside the apartment, never lower. I've got 1-2 bars by street (rssi 103-4), and it frequently fades to nothing inside. Ironically, I tried calling customer care from a room near the street, and the "signal faded" while waiting on hold. I don't want to do the airrave thing to compensate since I can't take it with me and I travel constantly.

Should I exchange the Pre, or was he just clueless?

And if it's a pervasive problem, PLEASE KEEP CALLING IN, SO IT GETS PRIORITIEZED AND FIXED!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    feivel Can you try setting all emails to manual sync and set Network to only Sprint, see if that works.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by feivel View Post
    I called customer service, and after being transferred three times and waiting 20 minutes on hold, the fellow told me to exchange the Pre at a sprint store, since he hasn't heard about a signal strength problem with the phone, so mine must be bad. It doesn't seem bad, except for acting like it's missing its antenna.

G/F's sprint phone has 5 bars near street, 3 bars when further inside the apartment, never lower. I've got 1-2 bars by street (rssi 103-4), and it frequently fades to nothing inside. Ironically, I tried calling customer care from a room near the street, and the "signal faded" while waiting on hold. I don't want to do the airrave thing to compensate since I can't take it with me and I travel constantly.

Should I exchange the Pre, or was he just clueless?

And if it's a pervasive problem, PLEASE KEEP CALLING IN, SO IT GETS PRIORITIEZED AND FIXED!
    I exchanged my Pre. Same problem.
    There is no spoon
    FWIW, my first Pre had the same signal issue. However, the replacement Pre is doing MUCH better (and thus, so is the battery usage). The MAC address for the replacement Pre is only different by 2 (e.g. last octet for one is "0A" and the other is "0C") so I would expect they were manufactured at the same time.

Is there a radio hardware bug?
    I have updated both the PRL list and network settings and I ot no improvements. I understand that bars don't mean anything but they're pretty good at gauging my reception. If the bars are low and the damn thing wont let me look at the App Catalog because it can't connect to the network, well then I have to take it as bad reception. Really bad. I'm at work right now, standing in front of a window and I ran the debug mentioned and I'm getting -110 and -96. I'm in Southfield, MI. They sent me an Airave which I'm thankful for when I am at home but what do I do when I'm out or at work. I'm still within my 30days which is probably why they sent it to me. As to the people that are still under contract, they know you aren't going anywhere so they have no reason to send you one. I had to be nice and play dumb in order to get one. I kept telling her how I didn't want to go back to ATT and the iPhone, but that I had to have reception at home. She said OK, I'm sorry you have bad reception I'll transfer you to cancellation. That's when I said, only if you guys had some kind of repeater or something device that could strengthen the signal. Then I guess a bulb went off in her head and said oh wait I think we do have something. Talked to her supervisor and sent me one for free, and no monthly charges.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 06/11/2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: sorry for the long post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    The people having problems could easily sell their Pre on ebay for $500...
    I am not too sure I would do that. I am pretty sure you will lose any savings on the phone price. So in essence you will be losing $49 plus tax if you sold it for $500.