1.    #1  
    What is the short code? How do I create one? How do I erase one?
    eh what u trying to do? because u should already know the short code if trying to send to a short code
    do u know what a short code is?
    A shortcode is something you yourself won't be able to create (that I know of). If you've ever been somewhere where they say "text ##### to vote!" that number is a shortcode.

In the messaging app, it recognizes letters you type in as shortcode. Each number on a phone without a keyboard corresponds to a few letters. 1 would be 'abc' 2 would be 'def'. Instead of making you memorize these, you can type it out on the keyboard and the Pre will automatically do the conversion.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    A shortcode is something you yourself won't be able to create (that I know of). If you've ever been somewhere where they say "text ##### to vote!" that number is a shortcode.

In the messaging app, it recognizes letters you type in as shortcode. Each number on a phone without a keyboard corresponds to a few letters. 1 would be 'abc' 2 would be 'def'. Instead of making you memorize these, you can type it out on the keyboard and the Pre will automatically do the conversion.
    Ohhh that makes so much sense. Sorry I was wondering the same thing. Wow that's actually pretty nice. Thanks Palm!