Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    I just took the temp using an mechanic type (IR I think) temp gauge and it read 104F while charging... That seems hot. I'm wondering if I have a defective batt/Pre.
    I think I'm having the same problem as you with the battery. I'm barely using my phone and its getting realllly hot. It's about to shut down (2pm) and I took it off the charger fully charged around 9am. I made one phone call that lasted for a minute, sent about 3 text messages, and I have the email set to check manually instead of every 6 hours. Yesterday, I think it lasted only about 4 hours. Today 5 hours. I cant imagine how bad it will be if I start talking on it.

I am so upset with the battery life, I feel like I am not getting the full experience with this phone! I barely want to use it because I want to save it for calls when I get off of work, but it never makes it till the end of the day with light usage.

I seriously think something is wrong with my battery, haha. I am not getting anywhere close to what others are getting with their usage. I have perfect signal at work too, so it should not be roaming or working hard to connect.
    I am at 27% with moderate usage.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    55% bluetooth on for the last 4 hours and wifi all day. Normal usage, a few emails, about 6 texts and six 5 minute phone calls. Also let my nice check it out and she was using every app she could for about 20 minutes. It's been off the charger since 8am.
    I would have to say not bad, getting better...
    since 6am on battery now its 5:30pm and I have 52%

watched 10 youtube videos
    also watched 20minutes mp4 movie
    browsed web for an hour
    wifi on all the time
    send few sms
    Battery Help

Don't know if this was discussed in this thread or not, but didn't want to read to find out.

Current battery at 87% with email/internet/pandora. Not bad.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 06/11/2009 at 04:54 PM.
    69%, but i gave it a little juice today with the travel charger i have at work. My battery is actually doing fairly well. i don't stay off this thing, i'm constantly taking photos, and texting them to people, playing with my pathetic calender, etc. no phone calls though. lol.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I am at 78% since 8 A.M. that is pretty good for me. I talked on it for 30-45 minutes, played with the camera, and used the internet for 30-45 minutes.
    30% - ran Pandora for several hours. 8:00AM - 5:15PM
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    4pm here, and at 28%.

I've been playing music for most of the work day, and have checked a few emails, played around with the app store, but didn't download anything. I did not use wireless today.

This is a good thread. It's my first day trying to get through the day without a charger, and I have been kind of keeping an eye on things. The real test for me will be how it goes this weekend, when I'm on the run, making more calls.
    7pm here, phone has been of the charger since 6:30am. A couple of hours of pandora, a few web searches for price comparison at some stores, google maps for about a half hour, mucking about for an hour just to play with things, and about 25 text messages. The battery is at 35%, and still a few hours to go before it hits the wall charger. Not all that bad as far as I am concerned, very happy with my new Pre for sure.
    Mine has been off the charger since around 9 AM. It's almost 5 PM now and the battery is at 41%. I've been in the office most of the day - no sprint coverage indoors - it's roaming on VZ's network (5 bars BTW), with wifi on, bluetooth on, and using IMAP push for one mail acct. Light use during the day, but still pretty decent considering it's roaming (I have data roaming on).
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Much better today for me. Phone's been off the charger since probably 7:30AM or 8AM. Its nearly 5 now, and I'm still at 57%.

I don't feel like my usage has dropped off (though, I'm sure it has somewhat) but it seems a lot better now.
    I'm seeing crazy battery times on here. I used my phone to make 1 call, email set to check once per hour, and sync chapura once. I took it off the charger at 7:30am and by 11:30ish is was at 50%. Should I exchange the battery or the phone?
    I was super impressed with the battery life today. Took it off the charger at 7:00am, used it until about 6:15 with e-mails incoming as they arrive, wifi off, a few short phone calls, moderate web surfing, texting, and 45 minutes of Pandora/Sprint Navigation till it died.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    turn off notifications in email.
    Got a litlle over 12 hours with moderate use . Everything off except location servies.
    I wanted to see if I would get better life at home, where I have a strong signal, so I left my Pre at home all day. It went down 70% in 13 hrs and I didn't use it at all. Everything was turned off except my two gmail accounts, which were set to check every hour. At work (where my signal sucks) with almost no use (less than 10 minutes of email/web) it went down about 5.5% an hour on average. Today it went down about 5.3%/hour.

I think it's going back to the store tomorrow.
    Currently at 50 % battery life. Its 8pm here, been off the charger since 7 am. Sent a dozen or so texts, used the gps for about 30 min, wifi, facebook off and on... made a few 5 min calls.

Battery life is definetly improving day by day.
    I bit lower than yesterrday, but was using it a bit more. 86% at 530pm off the charger from 730am
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella Spia View Post
    I think I'm having the same problem as you with the battery. I'm barely using my phone and its getting realllly hot. It's about to shut down (2pm) and I took it off the charger fully charged around 9am. I made one phone call that lasted for a minute, sent about 3 text messages, and I have the email set to check manually instead of every 6 hours. Yesterday, I think it lasted only about 4 hours. Today 5 hours. I cant imagine how bad it will be if I start talking on it.

I am so upset with the battery life, I feel like I am not getting the full experience with this phone! I barely want to use it because I want to save it for calls when I get off of work, but it never makes it till the end of the day with light usage.

I seriously think something is wrong with my battery, haha. I am not getting anywhere close to what others are getting with their usage. I have perfect signal at work too, so it should not be roaming or working hard to connect.
    Update to my Pre battery issues - I was able to get my pre replaced today at the store I purchased it from. When I wnet in the first thing they said was wow this device is hot. It had been charging in my car but they said it seems very hot. They replaced the device and the new one doesn't seem to be getting nearly as hot (yet). Also, the battery life (so far) is a lot better. I tried to drain the batt (from 60%) running Pandora and email and experienced very little drain when running Pandora for 45 min. The batt only went down to 49%.

With this I think there may be a batch with bad batts. The new one I received seems a lot better and the batt life looks like it will make it through the day with moderate usage.

Also, I know there is another thread on this but my new Pre came in the box w the yellow on it and was alreadt updated. The first one was the black box. Not sure it makes a difference but wanted to mention it.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast